Alien Shooter The Experiment Special

Greetings there,

I haven't come back for long. I was busy modifying a game which supports C++ scripting. I have always wanted the game to be as interesting and entertaining as possible. The game is pretty old but was considered very popular in the past. It is the very well known Alien Shooter.

http://www.moddb.com/games/alien-shooter

This brings back memories.

So what I want to show you is my Alien Shooter The Experiment Special. Alien Shooter The Experiment is an extension (addon) of Alien Shooter (and the last release of Alien Shooter (version 1)), and "Special" means I made it special in its own way. I heavily altered its C++ scripts to add some certain abilities and modify the nature of the gameplay. Some noticeable features I have added :
+ 3x armor health (green : 300, yellow : 600, red : 900)
+ 4 difficulty levels (easy, medium, hard, insane)
+ Four different scenarios for four difficulty levels of Survive gameplay
+ Boss featured in the Survive mode (Insane difficulty)
+ Invisible enemies in Survive mode (Insane difficulty only)
+ The player gains some superhuman abilities that allow him/her to quickly kill loads of monsters near him/her (at the cost of his/her money)

Also some noticeable features of Alien Shooter The Experiment compared to the original Alien Shooter :
+ Three campaigns (instead of one)
+ Difficulty choosing (easy, normal, hard)
+ Some new monster types (including the boss at the end of Campaign 3)

"Monsters appear everywhere. We need to exterminate them all. However, very few of people are well-suited for this very dangerous mission. Because of that, these people are specially trained and undergone heavy body modification, in order to increase the survival rate and grant them a very formidable ability to kill monsters with their own deadly radioactive rays from their bodies"

And here is the list of superhuman abilities (offensive abilities are radioactive-based) for the player I have added (press a corresponding key to activate it)

H : Help Menu

E : Strike the monsters
B : Summon lightning bolts
P : Extra radiation armor protection (an armor is required)
Q : Damage the monsters within a large area around the player (basic attack)
K : Damage the monsters within a small area around the player (basic attack)
S : Shoot an instant hell shot at the cursor position, heavily damaging large monsters in the process
D : Drop (destroy) the player's armor (also unleashing dozens of waves of deadly radioactive attacks around the player), also provides the player with some invincibility
G : Increase the player's Hp regeneration
T : Instantly teleport the player to a specific location (cursor position)

R : Repair the player's armor

M : Show the player's money

Default code cheats (cheata, cheath, cheatm, cheatw, etc) have been heavily nerfed or removed, you can freely use available superhuman skills the player can have without you being considered "cheating". But these cost money, so you need to use them wisely or otherwise your money will simply runs out very quickly.

Also, there is some documentation about the player's special skills. You can read it here :
http://txt.do/5imyu

Enjoy the game!!
Alien Shooter The Experiment Special :
http://www.mediafire.com/download/c1zia8c31cma549/Alien_Shooter_1.2_The_Experiment_Special.zip

Note : I don't own Alien Shooter.
Note2 : Be sure to check the executable file very carefully with a trusted anti-virus program before opening. It is optional but it must be done to ensure your privacy and your safety.

Please let me know if the (my) game is enjoyable. Your thoughts, your opinions, your criticisms, your suggestions and your contributions will be very deeply appreciated!!

Have a good day :)
Last edited on
Hi,
Just to let you know, I have already downloaded it. However just don't expect something good so soon I need some time to test the game so that I can give you a good & valuable review.

Anyone else who has already downloaded this game?
Update : Some minor changes - Link updated

Hi,
Just to let you know, I have already downloaded it. However just don't expect something good so soon I need some time to test the game so that I can give you a good & valuable review.

Thanks! I will be looking forward to it!
Hi,
It's been a long time. Some input & suggestions about the game please?
Well, your game is great overall

Radioactive body is a very good idea :) But it does not change the fact the "Insane" difficulty is still difficult though...

The boss in Survive mode can regenerate itself. Why? It is already very tough and hard to beat, and now it can even heal itself... That make it unbeatable...

Invisible monsters in the game are deadly & interesting...

Great armor. With 3x armor, I can go all out much longer...

You made me change my mind. This is nolonger the old Alien Shooter 1. I will give you 9/10 (or 4.5 stars)!
But only one thing : Your "hell shot" attack is still a little bit too weak (against the boss for example)
@close_account : Thank you for your review. You really did what you promised.
Why is this forum so quiet?

So far there has only been one review. Is everyone ignoring me?

At least, I just want to know if you guys enjoy it. And if possible, let me know about your suggestions and your criticisms.

Perhaps the game is not in the right place? Is it not suitable for this thread to stay here or I need to post the game somewhere else?

Thanks.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.