Upgrading laptop batteries

Does anyone know of the process for upgrading a laptop battery? My current one on a fairly modern laptop lasts 1 hour with full brightness to about 2 and a half on low brightness, so I'd like to see if I can replace it with a better one. I'm using a Lenovo Z50 70 and some google searching didn't bring much up. What do I need to check to make sure they'd be compatible? Or does anyone know a more appropriate website on which to ask this?
Thanks
Hi,

Does anyone know of the process for upgrading a laptop battery?

Simple Just buy one with more mAh, prefer Li-Ion and Li-Poly over others

What do I need to check to make sure they'd be compatible?

I think the salesman will tell you that, or if buying online it's compatibility is written

Last edited on
I've tried searching both amazon and duracell for ones that specify that they are compatible with Z50 70, and they are all the same, 4 cells and 2600-2900 mAh, which is the same as the one I've got, and as far as I know, isn't very good as I seem to recall reading that most laptop battery cases can house upto about 12 cells. Is it possible to actually replace the batteries inside the detachable battery case with either more cells or ones with higher mAh?
more cells
IDK

higher mAh
definitely :)
Well first of all why are you one a programming forum
It's lounge section, anything is valid...
Sure, but that's not to say this is the best community to ask these kinds of questions. "Best" in the sense of having enough people knowledgeable in the subject.
I'm on very few forums and I didn't know where to ask. I did actually address this in my first post:
Or does anyone know a more appropriate website on which to ask this?
Yahoo answers
That's a good idea. I never thought of websites like that because I never go on them, but it might well be worth a go. I'm still deciding whether it'll actually be worth the price though, because after having a look at SafeBatteries, not only have I found out that my battery is particularly awkward (4 cell as opposed to 3,6 or 9), but it would be £60 - £100 for an upgrade.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.