Your feelings, TheIdeasMan

Pages: 123
Um, yes, of course the difference is obvious, and nothing in my post suggested otherwise.

Different forum software uses different mechanisms for reporting things to their respective admins. I've been on dozens of different forums over the years, and seen it done in many different ways. I've never before had cause to report a user to the admin here, as opposed to specific posts, so I wasn't aware if there was a dedicated mechanism for doing so here. Hence my asking about such a mechanism.

What is the name of the admin account to whom I would send such a PM? Simply "admin"? "adminstrator"? Or something else?
Last edited on
http://www.cplusplus.com/user/admin/ (The user who has created the first topic in every sub-forum.)

> how does one report a poster directly to the admin, apart from using the "Report" button on individual posts?

>> nothing in my post suggested otherwise.

Phrases

apart from
1 Except for:
2 In addition to; as well as:
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/apart
Last edited on
http://www.cplusplus.com/user/admin/ (The user who has created the first topic in every sub-forum.)

Thanks. I hadn't noticed that...
closed account (z05DSL3A)
I'm always amazed how helping someone can make you look so much of an insulting, patronising, jerk.
There's also the "contact us" link at the bottom of every page.
closed account (E0p9LyTq)
I see our old troll with the new name (gentleguy) is back to being an obnoxious troll.

Report, report, report.
You need professional mental health help, TROLL.
So you actually believe all your BS.

Wow. Just plain WOW.
Grey Wolf has closed his own account in the past and had it reinstated later, if memory serves. It's more than likely he has opted to close his account again, albeit for unknown reasons.

gentleguy wrote:
I can't believe it... Has the life of a wolf come to an end?
Well it can't be helped... A wolf can only live for 10 years at most right?

Or someone has been hunting him so badly. And he has died of blood loss.
Whatever. The smartest wolf in the world has died! What a waste!

"Grey Wolf, rest in peace. I hope you find lots of girlfriends in heaven."

Also, is it just me, or is anyone else getting dadabe vibes from gentleguy right now?

-Albatross
Rage on, troll boy.
delete+repost still counts as bumping - poor use of resources.
Hmm, it's almost a fortnight now since gentleguy actually listened to people and temporarily toned down his trolling, seems like it's been several months though. It's funny, he almost convinced me he's reasonable. But I guess that the need for attention and the desire to trick those who come here for help into respecting him has once again overcome the desire to help people, or even the general feeling of not wanting to actively sabotage people's learning. Constantly telling people their questions don't make sense when they do, saying it cannot be done when it can, unnecessarily pushing people towards incredibly outdated C++, suggesting people pay for simply help rather than waiting for someone who actually knows what they're talking about to come along. What's the point? It's pathetic.
You clearly haven't learnt anything then. Post count is irrelevant. Anyone who browses this site can clearly see that you boost your post count by multiple posting where you should post once and posting when you have nothing relevant/useful to say and shouldn't be posting at all. The only people you can possibly be fooling into thinking that you're experienced are those who are new to this site, which is downright malicious. Besides, they usually either work out that you're a troll after trying to reason with you or get warned by an existing member of the site.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 123