• Forum
  • Lounge
  • Do beta versions of games have different

Do beta versions of games have different system requirements

I downloaded the open beta of Battlefield 1 and I thought I wouldn't be able to run it on my computer. However, after reducing the resolution to 1280x1024, the resolution scale to minimum and setting everything to low, the game runs at 40 - 60 FPS and most importantly without crashing whatsoever.

Now I thought: Well it has to be because it is the beta version and a lot of the features is missing.

Am I right, or the full version will only take a lot more disk space and not affect the CPU, GPU and RAM requirements?

Thanks in advance.
Beta versions will generally have the same system requirements as the full release. The full release will probably require more disk space needed but as far as CPU, RAM and GPU are concerned they should have the same requirements.

System requirements for AAA releases don't generally change throughout development, they tend to be set in stone pretty early in the development cycle. The only exceptions are stuff like new expansions and MMOs where they sometimes do raise the requirements. But as for changing the requirements for alpha tests and beta tests, I would have to say no.

Thanks!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.