Thread deletion

Pages: 12
With SO, part of their philosophy is to not have to answer the same questions over and over again. That's the reason why it's easy to find an answer, and rather difficult to ask a new question - most of the questions have already been asked.

That is true, but the problem with that philosophy is that they are potentially condemning their site to a slow death and not giving much incentive for users to stick around.

Also uninterested in third party apologist postings.

Its obvious that was aimed at me, but I'm not an apologist; rather I'm a realist. Children want attention, I only have one which wants so much of my attention that I go days and sometimes weeks without coding anything. JS is married, likely working a full-time job, and can't remember if he told me he had 2, 3 or 4 children. Just those minor details offer a lot of unknown variables that may take his time: illness, activities (my nephew is doing something year round here: football, basketball, baseball, dirt bike racing, etc.), family outings (camping, museum, parks, etc.), family events (reunions), birthday parties of their friends, etc. [and this is assuming they are 13 years old or younger].

As I've stated, we all know what should be done, and I'm sure JS is trying to figure out the best way to implement it, but he has a potentially full plate to contend with, not including the site. We all have to be patient with him and grit our teeth through the trolling and spam until he can implement a moderator system or some other system to alleviate the problem.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12