Should I label my current full time job as an internship if I'm still in school

I'm going through my resume and since I'm still in school, but was offered and accepted a full time job, should I spin it as an internship?

The reason is because the position is SDET, and it seems like all I've been getting are qa positions from recruiters. Which is not what I want to do when I graduate, I want a software engineer position.

So would it be okay to label it as an internship rather than full time?
No. Be honest.
Then what do you suggest? I don't want to only get pigeonholed into qa... I only took it because it pays for school.
As long as it helps you earn some money to pay for school, I suggest you take it.
Not only this one, but every opportunity and every chance you can get.

As long as you have enough skills, this will be very useful for your future.

But if the job is a little bit challenging for you, you can seek assistance from a certain someone. You definitely don't want to lose the job do you?
Last edited on
Recruiters don't care and cannot affect your future other than your accepting a job from one. Ignore them.

When you are ready for a future job, apply for the future job, and use the experience from this one as selling point for the future job.

The most important lesson here is be honest.

QA and SDET are excellent experience builders and anyone hiring for other stuff will look at that as good.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.