First Time Gun Buyer, need some advice

Hello guys, I got my gun license recently and am saving up for a gun, I would prefer to buy a Russian gun, mostly I am looking for a decent rifle with a wooden stock. I did a lot of searching for various Russian guns, and some places had lower prices for the same gun type. If anyone can recommend a gun thats Russian made or a good website for buying guns it would be awesome thanks guys.

Budget around: 650$

Types of guns I am interested in:

SKS

SVT-40

Mosin Nagant
Last edited on
What country do you live in?
Dont know much about guns myself, but as this is a C++ programming site, I can only suggest a gun with no safety, that you have to build the ammo for it yourself.
closed account (48T7M4Gy)
Last edited on
> There's not much to know about guns except that if they are loaded (...)
First thing to know about guns: they are always loaded.
Last edited on
There's not much to know about guns except that if they are loaded they go bang when you pull the trigger and then generally punch holes in things.
Everything in the world can be made to sound uninteresting if described stupidly enough.

* There's not much to know about computers except that if they are loaded with a program they perform calculations when you run them and then generally produce results very fast.
* There's not much to know about cars except that if they are filled with gasoline they move forward when you push the gas pedal and then generally go fast.
* There's not much to know about people except that if they are fed they produce excrement after they digest and then generally make things very complicated.
Last edited on
Find.
Last edited on
When I said I dont know much about guns I was wrong, I know loads about guns from playing computer games.

Things I know about guns;

Ammo can be found on the floor in most rooms
When you hold a gun you get an ammo counter at the bottom right of your field of view
The average person can carry 9 guns at once
Last edited on
ne555 wrote:

That's a very good position to take.

When I was in the Military, one of the first safety things we learnt was that if you never point a weapon at someone, there is a very good probability you won't shoot them - never mind whether the safety catch is on or not. The other big thing is to protect the trigger.
Last edited on
Last edited on
Perhaps you should mind your own business, instead of concerning yourself with what other people do with their money.

I pray that was a joke.
I'm aware of Gun Safety, but fact is that "they are always loaded" offers a different view than "treat them like they are always loaded". The latter is a phrase of caution while the former sounds like my wife's uncle who leaves loaded guns laying around his house.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.