Posting a library

Hi everyone,
I know there's the "Articles" section, and I'd like to know whether it is okay to post my library there, so that people can view it, use it, mainly for those who want to do some console applications. Simple ones, but colorful and more flexible.
Long story short, a similar case is the Linux OS. It is open source, anyone can add to the source code, and the update that is established by the publisher is the one everyone can relate to.
I want to do something similar, and in my case it's something I could learn from, and other people as well.
For instance, I would post my initial version (all the code visible), then anyone who wants to give an advice on optimizing something or just adding, it will expand the possibilities with the library.
Then, when I'll have made some significant changes, I could say "Update: new [...]".
If it is in order, I wanna get started as soon as possible, cause there's always more to learn from others.
Usually the articles are meant to be of an instructive nature, not just a posting of code. You might consider creating a github account since that is meant for file sharing in an open source community.

That said, I don't personally see a problem with your posting such a thing to the articles section. I have no idea how strictly they are moderated over there, so don't be disappointed if it gets rejected. Really I don't even know if there is a moderator...

I do note that a "Powerball lottery simulator" made it's way into algorithms, twice.
The first time was just a description of why they were posting it, and then straight code. (It's well commented though) -> http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/4yhv0pDG/

Maybe cherry-pick the best of your functions and write out an explanation of what makes them interesting or explain how the more difficult ones work or copy powerball and make some good comments throughout... Make sure that you put it in several categories that make sense so it shows up in those sections.

Last edited on
Thank you for the time and the answer.
Just to re-iterate what newbieg said, if you're really interested in making this an open source project that anyone can contribute to, you should look at putting it on GitHub, which is designed to facilitate that.
Yes I got that, and github already seems promising.
I created an account and saw how it works and I wanna join a project soon.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.