Spam topics

Pages: 12
I would agree that reggie isn't a spammer and shouldn't be reported. Because

A) He posts moderately
B) The posts may contain some ads, but I don't see that much of a problem with it.

In this case the user can very well decide whether he is interested or not. Don't be overprotective.
Plus the ads they post are somewhat relevant. They're not for some Android malware app, or a basketball stream.
I have never considered reggie’s posts to be spam.
Perhaps if the new post CGI were to:
 • reject any new topic post with 25% or more content that is nothing but links to external sites
 • lock user from posting for 24 hours if such a new topic post was made
?
I made a similar suggestion to Twicker quite a few months ago, and he said he was already implementing something along those lines. No idea what came of that.
Last edited on
helios, do you know around what time these spam posts start popping up?
I usually see them 03:00 AM to 06:00 AM (UTC). It's unlikely that spammers will post during the day in the western hemisphere, because that's when it's nighttime in Asia.
closed account (E0p9LyTq)
It's unlikely that spammers will post during the day in the western hemisphere, because that's when it's nighttime in Asia.
I am on the west coast of North America and I routinely see a lot of spam show up in the late afternoon/early evening.

Those are not the only times the spammers do their thing, it seems at least to me to be a popular time.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12