Programming languages, to which market they are oriented

When we search the 10 most searched programming languages ​​in Google, we find a generality seen between JS, JAVA, c / c ++ / c #, python, ruby ​​on rails, PHP etc ->

I affirm for this post that there are no better programming languages ​​than others, each one offers a world of possibilities, and each one adapts better to different needs according to the project to be carried out.

The question is, what do you think of each one and their possibilities?

Example, c ++ or c # for programming in UE4, Unity or blender, to make video games, or JS for web applications.

What do you think is the trajectory offered by each programming language: JAVA, C ++, Python, JS, or whatever they want to mention, and their future in the market, and how many more years they could fulfill this need.
Are there new bidders to replace them?

Note: Let's also talk about engines for databases or graphics.

Give your opinion
Last edited on
Is there any way you could have asked a broader question?
I want to know what languages would be my best options for my personal proyects by knowing what are the best performance they offer in specific subjet.

Now ... the million dollars question
A no broader question

What language COULD cover the most part of this subjetcs?

1 - Analise data //python
2 - Machine learning / IA //python
3 - Programs to do math stuff like algebra or calculus //c++
4 - Encrypting //Python
5 - Desktop aplications for Windows/Linux/Mac //JAVA
6 - Android aplications //JAVA
7 - Games for PC and Android //c++(UE4 & unity) and JAVA ... respectibily
8-Web Development //JS or PHP

This is my personal idea i´ve made by googling my questions

QUESTION HERE¿ am I getting wrong?

Honestly i think of python, but i want to read opinions. Because i don´t know which of my ideas im gonna code yet until know what is my best option of language to get deeper in it.

My ideas fly around IAs, and desktop aplications
Last edited on
What about programming microprocessors or microcontrollers? C/C++ seems to be a popular choice?
Seems to be a popular choice, but, there´s a lot of way to programming microprocessors and microcrontrolers, an example is the raspberry, is a ARM architecture processor, you have to install an OS, like Ubuntu mate or windows10, and it works to do a lot of things, it use python to work.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/
https://www.itpro.co.uk/mobile/21862/raspberry-pi-top-projects-to-try-yourself

As much as i know, i don´t know if raspberry pi could work using c++ code.

If is there another ARM processor, that works with c++, (Not arduino)
Could someone mentionate it?

C++ could be the best option, to make Windows aplications, and being windows the most used OS, c++ is ever not a bad option to get deeper.

But if u can make an aplication in JAVA, and make it work in more OS than windows, why get limitated by c++?

That´s why it seems, at least for me, that c++ most popular use, is to make exclusive windows aplications and videogames.
Seems to be a popular choice, but, there´s a lot of way to programming microprocessors and microcrontrolers, an example is the raspberry, is a ARM architecture processor, you have to install an OS, like Ubuntu mate or windows10, and it works to do a lot of things, it use python to work.
What's your point, though?

As much as i know, i don´t know if raspberry pi could work using c++ code.
What are you saying? Are you saying you're unsure if there are C++ compilers for the Pi, or are you saying you're unsure if C++ has some fundamental flaw that would somehow make it unsuitable to work on the Pi?

If is there another ARM processor, that works with c++, (Not arduino)
Arduino is neither a processor, nor an ARM, nor programmed with C++.

Could someone mentionate it?
Sure. Pick basically any smart mobile device that runs Android or iOS. It almost certainly has an ARM CPU and is programmable with C++.

But if u can make an aplication in JAVA, and make it work in more OS than windows, why get limitated by c++?
For example:
* Some libraries you need don't have Java interfaces.
* Some of your target platforms (e.g. iOS) do not have Java implementations.
* Java has or had in the past generally poor integration with the platforms native GUI. Android is an exception because the system was designed from the start to interface with Java.
* C++ programs generally need less memory than Java programs to accomplish equivalent tasks. They also start-up faster and are generally easier to optimize.

On the contrary, I would argue C++ code, if specifically designed to be portable, is easier to port than Java. Java does have the advantage of not needing to be recompiled, but compilation is not the biggest hurdle to overcome when making portable code; interfacing with the system in a portable manner is, and that's a problem regardless of your language of choice.
closed account (z05DSL3A)
an example is the raspberry, is a ARM architecture processor, you have to install an OS, like Ubuntu mate or windows10, and it works to do a lot of things, it use python to work.
You can develop code, with C++, to run on a bare metal Raspberry Pi if you want. You don't need python for it to work.

helios wrote:
Arduino is neither a processor, nor an ARM, nor programmed with C++.
The Arduino Due is the first Arduino board based on a 32-bit ARM core microcontroller. Can be programmed with C++.
https://store.arduino.cc/arduino-due

What's your point, though?

It is more like a comment what i said, because Grime asked What about programming microprocessors or microcontrollers? C/C++ seems to be a popular choice?
=========================================================
What are you saying? Are you saying you're unsure if there are C++ compilers for the Pi, or are you saying you're unsure if C++ has some fundamental flaw that would somehow make it unsuitable to work on the Pi? i was unsure beacuse i do not know a lot about raspberry pi, im a newbie.
=========================================================
THANK YOU A LOT !!! this is kinda what i was specting to read <3 !!!

For example:
* Some libraries you need don't have Java interfaces.
* Some of your target platforms (e.g. iOS) do not have Java implementations.
* Java has or had in the past generally poor integration with the platforms native GUI. Android is an exception because the system was designed from the start to interface with Java.
* C++ programs generally need less memory than Java programs to accomplish equivalent tasks. They also start-up faster and are generally easier to optimize.

On the contrary, I would argue C++ code, if specifically designed to be portable, is easier to port than Java. Java does have the advantage of not needing to be recompiled, but compilation is not the biggest hurdle to overcome when making portable code; interfacing with the system in a portable manner is, and that's a problem regardless of your language of choice.

Let's keep the conversation going.

1) What's the most beginner friendly language(s)?
2) What language(s) must every programmer know?
3) What language is most efficient and in which areas?
4) What about for websites and webscraping?
5) Which language has most scope in terms of getting a good job?

What was your first programming language?
What do you use C++ for or why do you use it? ^_^
What tip would you give for somebody learning C++ or programming in general?

Lastly what's the most impressive piece of code you've written?
(Minez' iz a bunch of cout and cin statements ;P)
If Python is made from C, then why are there some things that Python can do better? Can everything that can be done in Python be done in C?
I mean, this isn't a random questions thread. If you want to ask questions yourself, you should start a new thread.
Sorry if it's breaking a rule or something (I don't know if it counts as thread hijacking or whatever).. I don't use forums that much I just thought that it was related so it was better to post that here itself.. since the topic, after all, is about programming languages itself .-.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.