Curiosity - Programmer or not?

Pages: 12
Furry Guy wrote:
@Cubbi, I just glanced at the Amazon page for the book, so have no clue how bad it was.

Actually, I have a physical copy on my desk. I use it and quite like it.
Cubbi wrote:
if you're not familiar, they are a great introduction

Indeed. "Algorithm X is numerically more stable than algorithm Y" was a concept that I don't recall hearing from anywhere else (until the "math with floats is weird" and "GPU won't give same results as CPU" did kick in).
I must be weird. I never read much in the way of “how to program” books. Mostly I just read documentation manuals.

I read my TP4 Manual so often I broke the spine in several spaces (which irked my dad since it was actually his book). Though, now that I am thinking about it, it did have a section describing what variables/constants/literals/procedures were, and the structure of a program, which you might consider a basic how-to.

Hmm, and I did skim through Effective Programming In Tcl/Tk when I was first learning the language...
I must be weird. I never read much in the way of “how to program” books. Mostly I just read documentation manuals.

I wish I were that weird. ;)

All my knowledge of programming comes from learning it all on my own. By book, hook and looking at code others create.

I know that what I do know is quite spotty because of my rather "ooooh! shiny object" style of learning.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12