That was a new spam tactic

Pages: 123
I just deleted a spam post that tried to keep it under the radar by a short, normal looking link and what looks like a question in a foreign language (Indonesian), sprinkled with programming keywords like "2D" and "3D".

Veeery sneaky!

Losers
I just don't understand what's the point.
The point is that the spam may last longer if it does not look like spam.

Unless you mean, what is the point of spamming?
I do not know.
SEO?

Sometimes what they do is copy an actual question from another site and insert the link somewhere.
I've wondered what the business case is.

A pays B to spam a bunch of links all over the place.
How does A know that B has done a decent job (since they're both crooks)?

Deleting spam as quickly as possible in the hope that
- cplusplus drops off the bottom of the referrer sites, because no links get clicked here.
- A does some 'quality' check to see if B is doing as they're told. If no posts are found, then A tells B to FOAD.

Plugging into this might help - https://www.stopforumspam.com/
Sometimes I am tempted to respond to spam...

…live keytones… You must have heard of this ingredient many times...

LOL. keytones are a toxic waste product your body produces when it is burning fat.

It is not an ingredient.

Can’t stop laughing...
ketones are a very broad category of organic compounds, defined by having a certain substructure. I'm sure there are some compounds that fall under that category which are ingredients for human consumption, and there are some compounds that fall under that category which are bodily waste products.

keytones are... the noises you get when you press a key on a keyboard, I guess?
Sigh.

What you are sure of is nothing. I am diabetic, have been for longer than you have been alive, and have studied quite a lot about it — I often know more about it (and my disease) than many doctors.

Saying that “keytones are a very broad category of organic compounds, defined by having a certain substructure” is about the same you could say of anything. Take out the word “organic” and it would just as easily describe plastics.

Further, “broad” is misleading. The ketones produced by your body are a fairly narrow collection of acids, even if other variations exist.

Beyond that, even, the current new age health crap about ketones and “healty ketosis” are from the same morons that bring you other shock-diet fads that can kill you. They misrepresent actual science to promote doing things to your body that are, at base, unnatural. Except that since they are messing with normal bodily functions, they promote it all as “natural”.

Outside of complete liver failure (with is a death sentence anyway), there is absolutely no reason people should be ingesting ketones of any kind. The body already knows how to maintain a healthy (non-toxic) level of ketones.

Think on that the next time you wanna look something up on the internet to pretend you know something better than I do.
*Shrug*

You're arguing against things I didn't say. I don't support new age quackery. I didn't see the original spam, but I'm sure the specific things they were claiming were bullshit.

But, just to address the specific accusation you made about me: I did not just "look something up on the Internet". I studied chemistry to degree level, and I know what the word "ketone" means.

Whatever argument you want to have about fake medication and bullshit, pseudo-scientific nonsense, could you please go and have it with someone who's actually making those claims, rather then pretending I made them so that you have an excuse to vent at me, please?
Last edited on
Oh! Sorry. I was being braindead and dumbly mistook you for someone else...
No worries :)
closed account (z05DSL3A)
Duthomhas wrote:
...mistook you for someone else...

I wounder who? Rhetorical QuestionTM

I must admit that I have though "What the f*** is he blathering on about now" before realising it was MikeyBoy and not .... the other one.
dhkjhfhfkjshjfsf
LOL
Duthomhas wrote:
Saying that “keytones are a very broad category of organic compounds, defined by having a certain substructure” is about the same you could say of anything. Take out the word “organic” and it would just as easily describe plastics.
Organic food is produced by organic farming. Overall, a steak is a steak, now matter how the cow lived (and died).

Organic compound is a compound that has carbon. Plastics are organic compounds, but definitely not “organic”.

An organic unit is a military unit that is a permanent part of a larger unit ...

“organic X” != “organic Y”
Holy cow, the spam bots are aggressive!
Holy cow, the spam bots are aggressive!

This round they are being their usual stupid selves, posting easy to detect spam.
closed account (367kGNh0)
Overall, a steak is a steak, now matter how the cow lived (and died).
Yes, just most these days are 70% mutated
All animals are 100% mutated.
closed account (z05DSL3A)
All animals are 100% mutated.
I'm not. I'm 100% unmutated me.
I'm not. I'm 100% unmutated me.

Every time your cells divide they mutate, and they've probably divided millions of times just in the time it took you to read this.
Pages: 123