rant about microsoft

if this is the place where I can talk about some pet peeve,
you see I have this brand new laptop windows 10 with all the
bells and whistles. le novo is running some apps in the
background, also windows, nothing new here.
then there is one drive synchronization : one drive is full ...
this noob thinks "so ok free some space" doesn't work, still
one drive is full :( stop synchronization ( on which part of your
1 terrabyte drive should i stop synchronization ? )
all of it ? yes
but now the fun start.
remember this is a rant ( i'm thinking scrap windows install
linux )
#endofrant
If you provide more information I could probably help you with the issue. Windows is saying that your 1tb drive is full? A screenshot would be helpful.
From the file navigator on the task bar ( pls mind that this is a french speaking machine ).
"properties of : Windows ( C: )
used space ; 117 gig
free space : 812 gig
capacity : 930 gig
from what I could make out > One Drive < should be some kind of Windows cloud"
pls correct me if i'm wrong.
I get warnings that > One Drive < is full ! Maybe because this sub-folder on my desktop is 50 gig BIG
45 293 files cannot be synchronized with > OneDrive < This flight simulator recommends that its folder be placed on the desktop.

hope you can help

Yes, One Drive is a "cloud solution".
First websearch hit: https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-US/plans/

If that page is relevant and you have the "free plan", then the size of your One Drive is 5 GB.
On your local storage (right on your laptop), you have 812 gigs free. One drive is as you said kind of the cloud for Windows. I personally don't use it.

You can try some of these fixes:

https://windowsreport.com/onedrive-is-full-error-fix/

I'm not sure what the limit is for one drive storage, but it's possible it is just full because of your game and such.

I don't see how switching over to Linux would help though. Do you want or not want a cloud storage option? I also don't think a game like flight simulator should be kept in the cloud, best to reinstall games when going on a new device.
@keskiverto
If that page is relevant and you have the "free plan", then the size of your One Drive is 5 GB.

yes this page is relevant and I should have seen it before I tried some unhelpful repairs on my own.
AND @zapshe,
the windows > One Drive < is full of errors page has links that saved my bacon.
https://windowsreport.com/onedrive-is-full-error-fix/
I have been using a linux machine since 2009, and no linux doesn't fix game problems.
And I have installed this game ( flight simulator x-plane ) several times and this is a first time for me :
installing a game in the clouds .

Many thanks to all :)
PEBCAK
This is commendable of you, helios.
@helios
yes "problem exists between chair and keyboard"
I will admit to my noobish problems if you will talk about your being somewhat ticked off with us noobs
And @vilch no this is not commendable in this very helpful ( to me ) thread.
@mycuser

When given the choice to patronise and support you untruthfully helios chose not to. His decision resulted in your confession to your flaw, or as he and you said, your
problem
. Thus the praise to helios
Last edited on
praise the sun
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.