What a well written car chase

XX

Last edited on
It's easy to WRITE a car chase scene. However, I'd like to see so many details happen in an actual car chase. It wont happen. To much dialogue and thought in a scene that can't of lasted that long.
That’s what slow-mo is for isn’t it? XD
Slow-mo is for scenes that would normally happen too fast for the viewer to truly catch the moment fully. It's not so you can shove a bunch of extra movements and dialogue in, not that you can even do it that way.
suggested soundtrack https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sk1GFXVkU8 (it's not déjà vu)

what's a good laugh, but would have prefered to have some knowledge of the road
my guess is that it's late at night, they are going to another city (no other traffic) but don't understand why so many curves (¿mountain pass?)

first page: that seems backwards, the vehicle would accelerate forward.

second page: ¿how did you miss the only other car on the road, specially considering that was using the high beams?
dude, you are driving, give the phone to the passenger, oh, right, she's busy with her gun. (¡go, yankeeland!)
luckily she has a better grip and doesn't seem nervous for all the movement that will come.

third page: ¿how is the SUV beating them at the curves? ¿shouldn't the nimbler car have an edge?
also, I can't even imagine such speeds

fourth page: oh, dear.

fifth page: ¿how did the SUV miss them? ¿wasn't trying to crash against them?

sixth page: that's a great holster
Last edited on
It's easy to WRITE a car chase scene. However, I'd like to see so many details happen in an actual car chase. It wont happen. To much dialogue and thought in a scene that can't of lasted that long
To be fair, when the perpetrator's car tumbled, there was no mention that when it finally made it's final revolution, the car scraped across on the roof for a few metres. Just landed on its roof. If it did simply fall on it's roof it must have been going slow.

This slightly feels like being among those sad cartoon analytics
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I WAS GONNA READ THE BOOOOOKKKK 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 @Vilch could you pm me the title and author? Pleease? *attempts big eyes*
iirc, Hour Game (David Baldacci)
(it was on the King and Maxwell series)

@Vilch: ¿why did you do that?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I WAS GONNA READ THE BOOOOOKKKK
You're willing to pay for the book? Or library? If I may ask that is.

@Vilch: ¿why did you do that?
I was obliged to. I want to be a person of morals. Though the book is very well written, it had explicit scenes. I don't think a man of morals would recommend such books. Also, it has swears, I don't want to ever swear, so I took it down.

Last edited on
You read a book with EXPLICIT scenes and SWEARING? Off to eternal fire with you, that's thought crime of the highest caliber!
I think I can read swearing without speaking it. What you think, is different to what you exact. Hopefully.

I did not read the erotic content, I skipped a page when it came, fortunately I was able to avoid that, and not miss key information to the actual investigation. But that doesn't mean that, if he does get the book, @highwayman would skip it. Goodness fish, I do not want to make an innocent person read something that could make them a...macho.

@ne555
(it was on the King and Maxwell series)
You're familiar to the two detectives?
Last edited on
Oh someone put it in the thread. Lol thanks @ne555
Library probably
EDIT: if it’s there
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.