You being a programmer, what does penmanship mean to you

Pages: 1... 456
closed account (E8A4Nwbp)
its not a sensible scenario.
The person was unhappy as they were basically almost arrested, his admonition made him thirstly.
Last edited on
its not a sensible scenario

How is that comment productive? Nothing more than extraneous effluvia.

Sure, you might not see anything of value jonnin, and that's your right, but shooting the messenger and ridiculing the message doesn't make for a good look at all.

The scenario, for anyone who had wider experience in life, is interesting. It might not 'compute' but too bad. Life is grander than making so-called binary, so-called 'rational' machinations.

The scenario conjures up, note the magic, of many human endeavors and experiences including legal, ethical, moral, justice and behavioral choices.

http://justiceharvard.org/

Last edited on
sure, its interesting, but you can't get a fair answer to the original question (are people predisposed to taking someone with them when dying) from a unrealistic random scenario. In reality, I believe most people would be trying, even if impossible, to survive -- calling 911, forcing themselves to puke, slowing metabolism/clam down, etc rather than trying to figure out if shooting their suicidal friend were productive. Its interesting in the way that illogical questions are interesting, like the proverbial tree in the forest -- you can discuss it all day, but you can't answer anything by doing so.
And the hole gets deeper.

Neither you nor I "know most people", especially what they believe.

But thank you for giving us permission to "discuss it all day", despite your charming edict that "you", presumably the rest of us, "can't answer anything by doing so". We are in awe.

I'll let you have last say, jonnin. You need the chance to make some sort of recovery
calling 911, forcing themselves to puke, slowing metabolism/clam down, etc rather than trying to figure out if shooting their suicidal friend were productive. Its interesting in the way that illogical questions are interesting, like the proverbial tree in the forest -- you can discuss it all day, but you can't answer anything by doing so.

What is significant about dying the death of a suicidal person (assuming you aren't suicidal) as opposed to another? And would this difference also impact what is on your mind?

but you can't answer anything by doing so
I am not trying to find the actions you will likely take. I am trying to define the desire on your mind to simply have nothing to do with the out-of-the-ordinary (synonym would be appreciated) events and live like most other human beings
now those are better questions :)
I don't have time for them right now, but I will circle back.
I don't have time for them right now, but I will circle back.

Awe inspiring! We'll all wait with bated breath for that messianic visitation.

( I'm surprised Carol hasn't weighed in on this. Must be tied up with the English grammar lessons. )
Awe inspiring! We'll all wait with bated breath for that messianic visitation
casting aspersions against people in somebody else's matter will do no good. there is no need to act histrionic. We may not have people post life-changing note-worthy quotations, but I would appreciate that he aims to return the answer. If we deter him with claptrap we all lose
Last edited on
So now we are shooting, nay executing, the messenger. Is this a harbinger of things to come simultaneously at the same time paying tribute to the tautologous master.of deference incapacity to communicate expounsively.

And that brings us to the big question. Where is the grande dame Carol helios, the girl of our dreams from the Pampas?
(Not claiming I am the antithesis)
"Can't you see it is the lion who is silent and always feared while it is the dog who barks and is always admonished"
Last edited on
Blow wind
Crack your cheeks
Always, I am
Surrounded by freaks.
"Can't you see it is the lion who is silent and always feared while it is the dog who barks and is always admonished"

Ironically the archetypal lion is a mangy and smelly layabout relying on women he terrorises and bullies into doing the heavy lifting. A braking (barking even) dog often wags its tail - a totally friendly gesture.
Last edited on
Very well.

"It is the class clown who only has half what he exclaims paid attention to, and his more erudite, taciturn classmate more respected"
“Very well”? A meandering vacillation undoubtedly.
Hardly, i merely dismissed it as I know I will never satisfy you on the matter. Why did you reply to @jonnin in the first place? Now we may never get to know what his years of experience taught him. I don't entirely blame you, however.
Last edited on
Your purpose in life, if any, is not to satisfy me. Why would it? Why would I allow it? These are profound ruminations.

Insofar as jonnin is concerned, while I have no interest in censoring or gagging him, his alleged years of experience are years of repeating the same splashing in the unhelpful shallows rather than achieving depth or even understanding. His call, but not an embargo on my opinion.

The report wasn’t mine. The irrelevance of pink slips on this site is known to me. But I quite like them on another level. It means I am alive, not dead.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 1... 456