• Forum
  • Lounge
  • Why does android studio not accept certa

Why does android studio not accept certain connections?

closed account (E8A4Nwbp)
I use the Android Studio IDE. I often test my app using my own mobile device and a USB charging cable, and I could do so with little interruption. The cable I used is no longer functional, and the other USB cables I own do not seem to work with Android Studio, as my device is not shown when connected via these (my device is in developer mode). I would conjecture that only certain types of cables work with android studio, and if this is the case, why?

Also, I did visit this page (I use windows 10) https://developer.android.com/studio/run/oem-usb.html
But, for step 4, I don't have a "portable/other devices" option
Last edited on
That is a question best asked of the developers of the Android IDE. In a forum suited to questions/answers about the IDE.
Others on the forum equally inquire regarding non-c++ matters, hence I conjectured that this would not be an issue
You want an answer, don't you? Go to a place where the experts are.

I'm not stopping you from asking, just encouraging you to be smart in how and where you make your queries.
You want an answer, don't you?
Had my desire been the opposite, this would be fatuity. Without vehemence, I have, previously, inquired here regarding the USB, just as the lounge speaks of Assembly, the USB is not an unprecedented matter here. If nobody has the answer, I'll never acknowledge the inquiry again, as it's trivial, rather than vital. I do inquire elsewhere if a matter is of importance.
Yet still here you are, babbling inane nonsense when you could have communicated with experts who live and eat Android.

You refuse to be smart. Ciao.
Nothing here seems to be inane. I told you some people on this forum who regularly tend to the lounge have some expertise with hardware. With no intention to cast aspersions, however, it feels as though your intention is to receive an inept aspersion.
Last edited on
I don't have much here. Is your device powered by the cable by any chance?
For USBs that don't work with android studio, the PC charges the device with it, but there is no notification sound on the laptop. For USBs that do work with android studio, the notification sound does play.
Last edited on
Some USB cables don't transfer data.
Magnificent, thank you.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.