About file management

Pages: 12
:) you are a computer expert. I deal with people who save a file then ask me where it is, or who download a zip file and can't figure out what to do with it. I have a low opinion of users, and the cell phone era has undone a lot of the computer literacy that was starting to appear in the general population.

And what you did sounds really cool, both as a project and a utility. I did wander off from what you were doing, but you seem to have that well in hand.
Last edited on
the cell phone era has undone a lot of the computer literacy that was starting to appear in the general population
It's a tragedy, isn't it? Although I wonder whether it's that computer literacy has decreased or the total number of people using any kind of computer has dramatically increased.
Teenagers tend to have that view, but they can grow.

Old people tend to say these things, their views never seem to change for the times.

Well, that's just veering into insult territory. Do you really think I'd expend all this effort if I could just work around the problem using traditional file systems?

I guess I've just never had the same thoughts about traditional file systems, so it's hard to empathize.

The system can keep track of the particular file format, determined by parsing the file, and use it when necessary without the user being concerned with it.

Apple would like to know your location.

It's a tragedy, isn't it? Although I wonder whether it's that computer literacy has decreased or the total number of people using any kind of computer has dramatically increased.

My dad use to use a computer all the time. Now he uses his phone and that's basically the most advanced thing in his life. Only recently did he get a laptop and that was just because sometimes websites he needs acted funny on his phone.

P.S. Don't tell my dad that the laptop is running Windows 8.1 ;)
I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me.

And it'll happen to you too!
I said it more as an insult to him being old! Whatever it is now is weird.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12