Spittin' Mad I Am

I am (temporarily) moving out of state for a while, and I took my 2010 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT to the motorcycle dealership (which I will not name at this time) for service before leaving and

THEY DAMAGED IT!!!

I got it back with a dead battery and an <explicative> DENT in the fuel tank.
My wife called them up and they basically said, "It didn't happen here" and "We aren't responsible."

I said, loudly enough that they could hear, that it DID happen there and if they were unwilling to take responsibility that I'd get a lawyer...

and the a**hole on the phone said "Conversation over" and hung up.

FLAME ON LOSERS.

I have to travel this next week (as was my clear reason for taking it in), so I can't deal with it at this very moment, but once I get where I am going I will have all kinds of time on my hands.

First I'm going call them back up and see if they won't talk reason. I can audio record too (as per NM law).

If not, I'm gonna defame them to everyone who will listen. Before and after pictures, a website, calls to all the local bike chapters, newspapers, Better Business Bureau, Yelp/Google/Twitter reviews, their business pages, etc.

And I'm gonna get a lawyer and sue those unethical jerks.

I am so angry.

All I did was ask them to fix the damage they did to my motorcycle in their shop.

[edit] Someone (rightly) pointed out to me that “defame” has a connotation of falsehood, which moves it into the realm of slander and libel. I intend no such thing. Everything I say will be true.
Last edited on
Oof. Wow. I don't think I'd trust my 1977 Triumph to any repair shop these days. They'd probably take one look at it and go "Uh, it doesn't have a computer, how do you tell what's wrong with it?" Well, if it runs, I listen to the engine; if it doesn't, I check the gas, the spark, the oil, the alternator, the battery, the starter, etc.

But that sucks, I don't know how expenseeve those Kawasakis are, although I'm guessing repair isn't going to be cheap.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.