It's nearly here????

Tell me what that is.
Try clicking the link, or reading the link. Either way, It's a post by Herb Sutter regarding the full standard of C++11 being completed.
Hmm... Will C++11 support anything of Cilk like features? If not, I'll probably end up challenging myself at managing and leading the development of an open-source compiler like Cilk++, either way I will be writing some kind of compiler in my life time. Hopefully by then my knowledge won't be outdated.
closed account (1yR4jE8b)
It's nice that they've finally settled on the standard and aren't changing it at the last second anymore, making us wait yet *another* year to see if they change something.

I wonder how long it will take for compilers to become fully compliant.
closed account (3hM2Nwbp)
The popular compilers have already gotten a good chunk of the standard implemented, from what I've seen and used.
Guess what!?

I got a book on Compiler Design for my 16th birthday (yesterday)! Heck Yes! I'm excited to see if I can stick to my personal challenges.
The document n3290 has 1353 pages when the current 2003 standard has 786 :^/
benjelly wrote:
16th birthday (yesterday)

I bet you my birthday tops yours ;D

I turn 19 today. Every 4/20 for the last 5 years some stoner has either asked me to join them, or reminded me that I have the best birthday of the year.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.