C++ Video Tutorials

Pages: 12
I got a chance to watch the first video. My only advice would be to maybe talk a bit slower; other than that it was great.
@Computergeek I agree - I shall put notes and key points in the comments section from now on.
@Maese Thanks - I probably was talking a bit fast. I shall work on slowing down ;)

@All Note the edited links in the first section. I am splitting "Setting up SFML" into "Building SFML" and "Creating an SFML Project" in order to provide enough time to discuss static and dynamic build.

Also, I have removed the old Code::Blocks video as it only demonstrated release builds (it turns out Code::Blocks can't handle multiple configurations at once). I shall re upload soon with attention paid to building both configurations with the help of CMake.
I have replaced the "SFML 2.0 Setup" videos with separate "SFML 2.0 Build" and "SFML 2.0 First Project" videos.

The Visual Studio ones are done (see updated links in OP) and the Code::Blocks ones are pending.

However, I have realised, after having recorded the videos, that I have called all *.a/*.lib files "static libraries" despite the fact that half of them are import libraries.

I have mentioned the concept of import libraries, but I have suggested that import libraries are a type of static library.

Do you think this is a mistake worth rerecording 20 minutes of video, or do you think I can get away with a note in the comments section?
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12