• Forum
  • Lounge
  • Which One of These 2 Jobs Would You Choo

Which One of These 2 Jobs Would You Choose?

Pages: 12
closed account (zb0S216C)
You have an opportunity to choose either of these 2 jobs:

1) Professional Hitman. As a hitman, you have extensive knowledge of neurology, and toxicology. You have an exceptional aim with a sniper rifle, and can disguise yourself well. Your pay is £20,000( $32,488 ) per hit. However, every hit you make, increases the chance of getting caught. Finally, failure to comply with your contract may result in your death as you become a reliability.

2) Military Sniper: As a sniper, you have remarkable patience that allows you to wait in the same spot for many days while waiting for the opportunity to pull the trigger. Your aim with the sniper rifle is impeccable, regardless of the weapon of choice. You will be honored for your time in the military, and will be remembered for the targets your were assigned to take out. Your pay depends on your rank.

I, personally, would go for the military sniper.

Which will you choose?

Wazzak
Last edited on
I'd hate to become a reliability
I think I'll gladly pass on that opportunity.
lol @ become a reliability.
Do you realize that those two aren't mutually exclusive and that you can do one right after the other? http://www.google.com/#hl=en&xhr=t&q=Blackwater&cp=7&pf=p&sclient=psy&site=&source=hp&aq=0&aqi=&aql=&oq=Blackwa&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=f1760c4d4c6c936f&biw=1267&bih=654

You have kind of a poor understanding of the 'Hitman' role as well. You don't need a PhD to poison someone.
Hitman = pros + cons;
Sniper = pros + honor;

...what a dilemma...
closed account (3hM2Nwbp)
It would depend on what country the military option is for. I really wouldn't have wanted to be a sniper for the old Iraq regime. I'd have to believe in what I'd be fighting for with the military option. (IE WWII). I'd never be a hitman - I have standards.

*^ Edited

Actually, neither option is very appealing come to think of it...
Last edited on
You know what I'm just going to say it, I've already lost a good friend of mine IRL over this comment, I don't see ANY honor in being a Sniper. Congrats, you can hit what you're aiming at; what do you want a medal? Oh wait, we do give them medals AND on top of that they are some how granted Elite status, but not really, only in peoples minds. It also pisses me off that the best shooters are taken out of a fire team where they might actually do some good and sent out solo\in pairs to do a job that a cruise missle does a hundred times better.

You want to know what Elite is in my mind? My grandfather was a Sea Bee in Vietnam, my Father got his Nuclear Engineering degree from Annapolis. Talk about jobs that only a few people can do, I'd like to see some farm raised hick do either one of those.
Elite ... Nuclear Engineering degree from Annapolis

+1 :D
Computergeek01 wrote:
You don't need a PhD to poison someone.

While that's true, an efficient hitman would seek solutions that would reduce the risk of detection such as a tasteless, odorless, and colourless toxin. The less obvious a death appears, the reduced chance of suspicion.

Computergeek01 wrote:
I don't see ANY honor in being a Sniper

They do it for kicks( Roll eyes ).

Wazzak
closed account (S6k9GNh0)
A hitman although I won't explain why.
We should just turn this into a huge 'would you rather' thread. Would you rather lose one of your legs or both of your thumbs? Would you rather have sex with a mermaid or a pair of womens' legs with a fish-head for the top half?
closed account (3hM2Nwbp)
Definitely a mermaid.
closed account (z05DSL3A)
I find this casual disregard for life to be most troubling. A jolly chat about which type of murderess bastard you would be, Jeez.
sent out solo\in pairs to do a job that a cruise missle does a hundred times better
There's no kill like overkill, I guess.
Grey Wolf wrote:
A jolly chat about which type of murderess bastard you would be

I posted this because I wanted to see what replies I could get from such a question that was unexpected. Only myself and Computerquip gave straight answers. It appears as though this thread has mixed views, which I was expecting, hence what I just said.

Still, I embrace violence as I appear to find it amusing. That's not an issue, is it?

Wazzak

Definitely hitman. Freelancing is always better. TBH, it crossed my mind several times. Doing two or three jobs a year and investing wisely can make me rich in no time. Plus, I'll have lots of spare time to do anything I want. Now, about the moral issues, if I only accept jobs where the target is a bad guy (e.g. drug lord, mafia boss, corrupt politician etc...), I don't think there are any. In fact, I'm probably doing him a favour, because I'm saving his pretty little ass from a very, very ugly life review. It's more like "I'm killing him and he still owes me". Really.
Only myself and Computerquip gave straight answers

No, most people didn't answer because they wouldn't want to do either.
closed account (iw0XoG1T)
edit: removed embarrassing comment
Last edited on
closed account (z05DSL3A)
Framework wrote:
Still, I embrace violence as I appear to find it amusing.

Let's hope you still find it amusing if/when you are the recipient of some random act of violence.
Pages: 12