Gears of War 3

I know this isn't a gaming forum but resumably some of you are gamers. I liked GOW 1 & 2 but money is tight atm sooooo opinions please, should I buy it? I've read a ton of reviews but it seems all big releases are given fantastic reviews by default these days, I need to save some money for when Arkham City comes out too...
Last edited on
closed account (1yR4jE8b)
Personally, I thought GoW 1 & 2 we're both overrated crap. I don't see how the third can be any different.

The people that did like it are calling it the best in the series, so if you liked the first two then by all means just buy it.
Wish I had time for games... But alas, this programmer has no free time for anything other than programming...
lol i totally agree with ultifinitius. There once was a time, when i could fully indulge my spare time with games and fun like that. But now, itsl like "what is "spare time"?, i've never heard of it!"

lol but for quirkyusername....ive heard good things about GOW3, but i cant give any personal opinion. I heard a couple good reviews also. But idk, games are just too expensive these days!
I don't play games much. Although I theoretically could play most Windows games using Wine, I never really found myself interested in them. Maybe it's my general dislike of competition? :/

As a rule, I don't play games. I've made exceptions for Portal, Portal 2, The Myst series, The Mysterious Journey duology, and- well, I think you can figure out from here what sorts of games I've made exceptions for. If only they were harder...

-Albatross
Last edited on
Well, I would call myself a frequent gamer, but lately there were only very few games that actually interested me.
AppDevTrainee wrote:
games are just too expensive these days!

No, they're not. 16-bit games in the early-to-mid 90's went for around $80 US.
Yes... I would consider myself a gamer.

Games I Enjoy: Portal 2, LBP (Little Big Planet), LBP2 (Little Big Planet 2), and the Sly Collection.
I'm not a huge fan of the Gears series. But I am stupendously excited for Skyrim (say what you want about the Elder Scrolls being over rated, I like it because I enjoy it :P). Also Assassin's creed revelations. While AC has been repetitive in it's game play and has lost any innovative edge, I mostly play it for the story. OH and Diablo 3. I'm excited because I'm not sure what to expect from it.
closed account (zwA4jE8b)
I recommend downloading a NES emulator and Dragon Warrior. Doesn't get much better than that.
Don't know. I have never played Gears of War, don't own a 360. Sold my Xbox, PS2, PSP, DreamCast, N64, GameCube and all the games (minus the PS1 and PS2 games) to get a PS3. Not a Sony fanboy just prefer not having to pay subscriptions to play online. My 6 year old plays the PS3 more than me now as I focus on programming. I wanted to be a game programmer, but I don't know if I'll accomplish this before I get to old. I'm going to be 30 years old October 30th and I don't know how long game programmers stay working before burning out/quitting/retiring.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.