Let's Form an Computer Group!

Hi. I would like to form a group of people where we can discuss about C++ online maybe through a mic.

I'm quite new to C++ and I'm really excited to learn more of it.

Our group can talk about other computer related stuff as well. The main goal of this group is to learn from one another and motivate each other into learning more and more.

This is an online group. I'm not sure how we're going to organize this. Maybe we can just all get a skype account and skype one another (voice only). Well, what do you think?

Message me if you're interested, please, or write on here.
Could be pretty interesting, and it'd give me a reason to fix my mic...

(edit) though you posted in all of the sections for some reason o.O
Last edited on
Hey Ulti! Yeah, I just wanted to make sure it gets to as many people as possible since new posts are made in each section all the time.

Awesome, I hope you're interested. Hmm, if anything, we can communicate with PM's to organize and transition to another way of communication until we're ready to do the voice skype chat :)
closed account (LzqpfSEw)
So like IRC but with huge language barriers.
Ding ding ding!! Thank you Zortis, this is why you can't judge a user by their number of posts.

@ OP: The first thing that came to my mind is how many of our contributors don't speak a common first language. Even though I know that they are smart enough to over come this, I still think it would be discouraging or frustrating for them. Not even language but accents\dialects as well, take me for instance, I live in the North Eastern United States of America and I skip over certain hard consonants if they appear in the middle of words. I hate that I do it but I catch myself all of the time. Besides all I can see coming from this is having to say "Open bracket, press 'Enter' three times... Now close bracket...". That doesn't seem very beneficial to me personally.

As far as group collaborations, I've always wondered what a project that came out of this site would be capable of doing. We came close a little while ago when we started writing a physics library (Does anyone know what happend to that by the way?).
IRC anyone? http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/28548/ :B

@Computergeek01 I am starting a light weight (but still powerful) 3D game engine that I plan to release as open source, right now it's in the design stage but message me if your interested.
Last edited on
Sigh, so no one is interested? :(
I'm not sure what the benefit would be compared to forums like this one, maybe aside from the interaction being more personal.
Well, that is true that the forums and tutorials would be all you would need. But, although its true that you can learn everything from written tutorials, wouldn't you agree that watching video tutorials are so much easier to understand?

And, I feel that interactive learning would be similar video tutorials since all of your questions would be instantly be googled on the spot. Sometimes, it takes me hours to google problems since most of the time it doesn't google what i'm looking for.

That's why I was trying to make a little study group. Accents don't bother me. I'm used to many different types of accents.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.