The Framework debacle.

Pages: 12
closed account (1vRz3TCk)
Well, I guess the site is bollocksed until the admin cleans house.

I have a good idea about which scum sucking fuck wit is behind this, I hope you and your ideas for world domination fail in the most tragic of ways.
I wonder what caused it. An insecure password, a computer left unlocked...

It's possible that the culprit is one of the more recent culprits, but I think it's probably either someone we don't know yet or... what was the name of that one chap for whom Framework once created an account? I think it was Overclock, but I'm not sure.

EDIT: He has a lot of spare time on his hands. Too much, I daresay.

-Albatross
Last edited on
closed account (3hM2Nwbp)
I think that I smell an IT generation basement dweller that hasn't left the nest yet...

:-)

Anyhow, the forum should be cleaned up in a single, simply query when twicker gets around. Ah, the power of SQL.
Last edited on
I have a good idea about which scum sucking fuck wit is behind this, I hope you and your ideas for world domination fail in the most tragic of ways.

I know, Catfish. I chose to ignore it, as I suspect it's a reference to Falconsoft. :/

-Albatross
Leave Framework alone...I miss that Wazzak thing he did...
@LB
That's one of the reasons why I think it's not him.

-Albatross
Last edited on
Spoonlicker was way better.
This actually is turning out to be a valuable lesson. No matter how horrible (as in poorly-skilled) a troll this Quasi-Framework is, he is revealing a flaw in our report system.

He probably has 100+ reported posts now and his account isn't getting auto-disabled like a two-day old account would be. The system worked flawlessly for trolls like Spoonlicker, but it's not working so well for account-hackers and I reckon it won't work so well for patient trolls.

Also, we could use a few restrictions on who can report whom.

-Albatross
Last edited on
I should be able to report everybody. It's the only sensible option :p
And you are, aren't you? :P

My point is that if the report system was changed so that all accounts could potentially be auto-disabled after enough reports, then there would need to be some sort of safeguard against account-hackers abusing that power.

-Albatross
Last edited on
Well I think it has stopped. *crosses fingers and knocks on wood*
Nope. It hasn't stopped, it's just that I think he's report-spamming.

-Albatross
What happened ti Spoonlicker actually?
Anybody knows?
And you are, aren't you? :P

I'm practicing. :)
Albatross wrote:
...I think it was Overclock, but I'm not sure.

It was DeadOverclock...
http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/38341/3/#msg206304
Maybe the 100-reports thing just disables posting but not reporting?
http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/60300/
Evidence for my suspicions!
http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/38341/3/#msg206187

-Albatross
I seem to remember that you don't appreciate being called "flower".
@LB
I didn't see anywhere on his page that his account has limited functionality... maybe he's just trying to troll the admin now, which is, of course, a really smart move if he wants to retain access to this forum for future trollery. [/sarcasm]

@CodeMonkey
That's right. :/

-Albatross
Last edited on
Pages: 12