software

Pages: 12
Have any of you made software that you sold? Please post a link.
Sadly, no. My confidence is no where near high enough to let me sell what I make (of course I'm mostly doing beginner things so I can't see someone paying for them).
I can sell you a program that can add two numbers, for $4.99.
Yes and no... I am working on a mobile app, but it is for my work, not personal.. does that count? ^_^
that counts. what language are you using for it

In that case I would be a millionaire by the end of the week.

In that case I would be a millionaire by the end of the week.

You made one that can multiply four? Lol // Sarcasm
Last edited on
I am primarily using JavaScript and PHP, but also a few others.
Last edited on
=-= I wish.
Or have any of you mad money with c++ in general?
Yes, one of my friends bet €5 i couldnt make a simple game (tic tac toe) in 3 days. And i won.
No, I have no friends so I all I have is my wife and son. Don't have any one to pay for anything I code.
Im your freind:)
Every time I finish a project (or a part of it), I reward myself by stealing some money from strangers. Does that count as "making money off your programs"?
Lol, this is becoming a sarcasm thread.
// Sarcasm
Any one have a real answer besides strong drink?
closed account (zb0S216C)
Why does it matter if somebody sold a program?

moot1 wrote:
Or have any of you mad money with c++ in general? (sic)

It doesn't matter which language you used, so long as it does its job. The end user will be non the wiser, regardless of the language of choice.

Wazzak
Last edited on
It doesn't matter which language you used, so long as it does its job. The end user will be non the wiser, regardless of the language of choice.

Yeah, thought it would be funny to see an end user say, "Sorry I won't play WoW because it wasn't wrote in assembly/Java."
WoW wasn't writen in Java!? That's it, I'm deleteing my account.
Your question seems to be directed at the self-employed programmers or those who work both R&D and sales.

In my experience, most people making money with C++ are working at mid to large size companies. Nobody would buy a financial trading platform, a city infrastructure system, a cell phone tower, car computer, oil rig, satellite or hospital emergency room software from a single-person company. Even if it wasn't many man-years of work to create, think about liability.

That said, I did help write a bunch of proposals, so I suppose I helped my company sell some of the software I wrote while working in transportation.
Pages: 12