Legit, Balls to the wall

"Legit" means legit (as in legitimate).

"Balls to the wall" means going all out. As in putting all your effort into something -- make or break -- all eggs in one basket -- etc.
My faith in humanity disappeared when I heard someone at school say "legitly" in a serious tone.
Yeah, I love Urban Dictionary definition:
used by idiots as the full word based on the abbreviation 'legit'. these people are idiots because they do not know the word legitimately. dumbasses.

:)
What is this I don't even.
...and the point is?

NGen why did you lose your faith in humanity when you heard some say "legitly".

Look, where are placed on this planet and being able to create and dictate our vocabulary is a unique gift that we have. I very much like the ability to create new words and phrases to describe my emotions in a clever and incisive way. Example, when you tell someone to "Google", you are effectively telling a person to perform a search on the internet using Google.com. "Googling" is a nice, short, compact way to convey your meaning. In same regard, new words give use the ability to communicate effectively. Words change and go through a metamorphosis. Sure some words or phrases used in a particular way may sound "redonkadonk" but I honestly believe that is the beauty. Finally, I will say that you have to be conscientious of the setting and being able to communicate is the purpose of language.
firedraco:

OP deleted his post. He was asking what those words meant.

Are we sure he deleted it and wasn't reported (don't know why they would have reported it though) so it was removed by admins?
NGen why did you lose your faith in humanity when you heard some say "legitly".
Given their demeanor of the person, I was under the impression that they actually thought legitly was the correct (for lack of better phrasing) term to be used. When it comes to benefits in communication, there is no significant gain between "legitly" and "legitimately," especially when compared to "Google X" vs "run a Google search on X."

To be honest, I thought Disch was just being weird felt like making a random public service announcement. That's not sarcasm, either.
To be honest, I thought Disch was just being weird felt like making a random public service announcement. That's not sarcasm, either.

No, the OP was Tbone, but it quickly disappeared. As old as the word 'legit' is, I figured everyone knew the meaning of it. So it took me by surprise when he asked that. Guess he deleted it due to embarrassment :-/.
Or, he could've been trolling:
http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/69941/ (see post 17 on page 1)
That had crossed my mind. Also occurred to me that he could just be a really slow person, just this side of mental.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.