contact google via email?

Pages: 12
Can anyone help me find out what google's email address is? I was able to find it once when I had a question about google books, but I don't remember how I found it. All the search results I've gotten seem to think I'm talking about Gmail or give me their physical address.
Only thing I hate about emailing companies is that they normally just reply with "Contact our support team at this number during these hours. Have a nice day."
@king214
I went there before but couldn't find their email address there.
Are you looking for the support team, or who are you looking for?
@science man:
Problem is that a lot of big companies like that force you to call their support number for your country. More and more companies are removing email addresses in favor of live customer support.
@king214
Yes I'm looking for the email adress of the support team.
@BHXSpecter
Darn it, that really sucks.

Edit: Actually that's not the case with apple. If you go the store part of their site you can even chat with them.
Last edited on
Which support team? There's no way they have just one.
whichever one deals with Gmail.
closed account (1vRz3TCk)
The Gmail support team?
closed account (o3hC5Di1)
supportdotgoogledotcom wrote:

Need to contact our support team? We provide limited email support for a small set of issues, specifically issues that prevent you from using or accessing Google Mail. While we do read each email, you'll only hear from us (generally within a few days) if we need more information to resolve your issue. Please search the Help Centre for your issue. If you can't find it there, we suggest taking a look at our Known Issues page or asking for help in the Discussion Group.

Funny enough they don't provide an e-mail address.

This link does:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080730163156AArIrp6

This one does too (slightly different one):
http://www.squidoo.com/How-to-contact-the-elusive-gmail-support-team

Hope that helps.

All the best,
NwN
Last edited on
Actually that's not the case with apple. If you go the store part of their site you can even chat with them.

Hope it is helpful. Most sites I've used have 'live' help, but they give you the generic help and when it doesn't work they tell you to call their 1-800 number to get more detailed support.
@NwN
Thanks so much you're searching skills are very impressive.

@everyone

umm guys I'm a little nervous. I started writing the email with the first address that NwN linked to and then got nervous because I don't think they'll believe me and might think I'm a hacker. Here, let me explain the situation. (mods and admins please forgive me for going off-topic but these topics are remotely connected) I want to regain access to a Stumbleupon account that I created a long time ago. The thing is, I believe I created a phony gmail account and don't remember what the address could have been. I recently wondered if there were people at google could find out what other gmail accounts I created by looking at my IP address (by seeing what IP address created my current gmail account) and being able to see what gmail accounts were created using it. I was also going to ask them if they could change the passwords of those accounts to the password of the account I'm currently using. I'm afraid that they'll think I'm hacker trying to gain access to other gmail accounts. To the people on here who are fluent in web-based languages like Java, do you think what I'm asking if even possible and if so, how do I ask the people at google in a credible way?

P.S. For those of you who want to know why I want to do this in the first place or why I used a phony email on that account, PM me.
@google help description
We provide limited email support for a small set of issues, specifically issues that prevent you from using or accessing Google Mail.

... really, Google?
science man wrote:
I recently wondered if there were people at google could find out what other gmail accounts I created by looking at my IP address (by seeing what IP address created my current gmail account) and being able to see what gmail accounts were created using it
Do you have a static IP address? If not depending on how long ago you created the account its not too likely you still have the same address. Its been quite a while since I set up my gmail accounts but if they require an existing email address when you sign up they may be able to track it that way and possibly email that address with the gmail info.
Last edited on
Well it depends on his ISP provider too. I have dynamic IP addressing, but the last part is ALWAYS the same ***.***.***.***@hd1.comcast.net or something like that so they may be able to check as I've noticed even though my IP is dynamic it only changes through a handful of IPs when it changes. They may be able to find it if his ISP is the same way.
They won't take that. You might just be trying to steal your neighbor's new mail address.
closed account (o3hC5Di1)
ISP's will usually serve everyone connected to the same NAS, with the same username suffix (eg @comcast) from a specific IP pool.

That means as Gaminic said that your neighbour might be having the same IP address now which you had 3 days ago.
So, I'm afraid having an address from a specific IP-pool is not enough to authenticate someone.

Maybe if you specified a "forgotten password question" on the fake account and you can remember the answer, it might be more evidence, although these questions are usually not too hard to social engineer your way out of them.

Another thing is that gmail might simply not off the recovery of "lost" accounts as a service, and you may have to try to contact stumblr to see if they can help you regain access to the account.

All the best,
NwN
how do I ask the people at google in a credible way?

lol

There is no way you're going to find someone at Google to help you hack other peoples accounts.
You give Google too much credit. I mentioned that because that is how I got one of my old email accounts back so I could get my old contact list. Of course, they could have changed since I did that as it was a year or so ago when I did it.
Pages: 12