contact google via email?

Pages: 12
@moorecm: Don't underestimate the power of Social Engineering, it's how a lot of attacks start off.
NwN wrote:

ISP's will usually serve everyone connected to the same NAS, with the same username suffix (eg @comcast) from a specific IP pool.

That means as Gaminic said that your neighbour might be having the same IP address now which you had 3 days ago.
So, I'm afraid having an address from a specific IP-pool is not enough to authenticate someone.

Maybe if you specified a "forgotten password question" on the fake account and you can remember the answer, it might be more evidence, although these questions are usually not too hard to social engineer your way out of them.

Another thing is that gmail might simply not off the recovery of "lost" accounts as a service, and you may have to try to contact stumblr to see if they can help you regain access to the account.

All the best,
NwN

Good idea. I thought about contacting the stumbleupon staff but didn't see a "contact us" at the bottom but I just now googled for one and found it. I'll email them and let you guys know how it turns out.
Last edited on
They responded saying that the records of the account had been purged and it's impossible to reuse the username.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12