Fitocracy

My roommate and I made a pact to get fit together. For the last two weeks we've been keeping each other in check with our diets and regular trips to our apartment's fitness center.

Today on our way back I recalled this little website I was in the closed beta of. Fitocracy. It's a website that you use to log your workout and exorcise, while earning points. The points work like experience towards a leveling system. Your level is listed on a leaderboard.

Honestly, I think it's a great idea. What better way to get an RPG geek in shape than to give him an RPG where physical activity gives you experience?

Anyways, I thought I'd share the website here for anyone else who might find the website fun while they buff up/loose weight/ get fit.

www.fitocracy.com
I recall a series of these kinds of sites. I remember there was one for doing chores/housework.
sounds like friendly competition, similar to you my girlfriend and i have been running to stay in shape and hopefully run a half marathon in a couple months. Biggest thing about getting in shape is setting goals! glad to see others going toward a healthy lifestyle also, best of luck!
Just a little update, I'm about two weeks into this routine now and I've gone from about 176 pounds to 170. According to the BMI charts, I need to be at most 145 to not be considered over weight. I figure if I keep things up I can reach that by sometime between late august to mid september.

Edit: as small of an achievement this is, I'd just like to say I'm rather proud of my self. Every time I've attempted this before I wouldn't even make it a week before my bad habits took back over. I can attest a great deal of this success to my workout partner, due to his making sure I actually get regular exercise and cheering me on when I'm about to quit before I reach my goals at the gym.
Last edited on
Good job!

Six pounds in two weeks is a steady and healthy rate of weight loss.

When I dropped some weight I was averaging 3 - 4 pounds per week, depending on exercise. Great feeling, isn't it?

Congrats again.
It's a fantastic feeling, I was going to go to the gym right after work, but my roommate has the key and is asleep. So yea. Not happening.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.