Place to talk with other programmers?

I am in the 10th grade and a super computer nerd. I love it but I am always doing it myself. Is there anyplace on the internet where programmers get together and work on different projects?
https://sourceforge.net/

Great place for finding open-source projects to work on. There are many other open source websites out there, but this seems to be the most popular. Lot of quality stuff there. Place I work at actually uses multiple programs that are hosted there for free. And I just finally got my project hosted there :D

And you can always make threads and discuss whatever you want here.
This website!

If you're looking for an open-source project, try looking for something that seems interesting on http://freecode.com/.
all I can find is like already developed programs....how do i get to help work on one?
You can ask to join luciangrimm in the Jobs link on the forum like I did, if you are serious and and qualified.
lol already tried....I knew i wasnt qualified but i asked and said i didn't want any money but he said that he has tried giving a job to somebody like me and that he couldnt do even the simple parts. I'm not very experienced as i only have 1 and a half years experience but eventually he will be begging for me:P jk.
How much experience do you have? I'm starting a project right now and looking for some help. I need artists, more programmers, someone to write a wiki, etc. If you're interested, PM me.

Anyway, with open source sites, find a project that sounds interesting to you. Download it, run it, then download the source. Look for some bugs, or something that can be added. Send a message/make a post on the forums there and tell them about it. Say you wanna help and chances are they'll give you something to do.
all I can find is like already developed programs....how do i get to help work on one?

Those programs are still being developed. They have been released, but they still have teams of dedicated developers working on adding new features and fixing bugs. If you show an interest in their project, I'm sure they would be happy to have you join their team.
Thanks everybody for you help but currently it looks like I will be helping ResidentBisuit with his project. Wish us luck:)
Out of curiousity, ResidentBiscuit, what is your project?
Sounds like a game to me.
Yup just a 2D TD. I've been wanting to mess around with some graphics for awhile but haven't really had the time for any serious project until recently.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.