openGL Tutorial

I'm surprised at how few people know of this tutorial on openGL. The author takes 3D programming concepts, and specifics about openGL further than most other tutorials you will find online, and the writing is clear and nice to follow.
I just wanted to start this thread to give people looking for 3D programming guides a place to start. You don't need any preliminary openGL knowledge, and even your C++ skills can be relatively basic to get started with this tutorial. (Although I don't advise you to start learning openGL before having a decent grasp on most C++ concepts)

If you are following Nehe's guides, while they are amazing for when they were written, they are pretty outdated and should not be used for modern openGL.

Finally, if you don't want to use FreeGlut it is extremely easy to use the tutorials with another library for setting up your rendering context, such as SFML, or you can just set it up yourself.

PS: No, I didn't write this tutorial, I just think it's a nice write up that people who are starting openGL should definitely consider :P

EDIT: ... I'm an idiot. Too excited to think properly apparently. Here's the tutorial:
http://www.arcsynthesis.org/gltut/index.html
Last edited on
What tutorial?
Nice find BlackSheep. Bookmarked that one :).
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.