Is it just me or is anyone sick of seeing Facebook everywhere? On adverts, programs and even in conversations. In my opinion, 90% of it is just anyone broadcasting the first thing then comes into there minds which just adds the the pit of social rubish, and the other 10% is people sharing memories, photos and communicating like it was intended for. I am quite pesimitsic though, so I was just curious as to what other pepole think.
My brother is kind of a conspiracy nut. One thing about the moon landing he brought up that was interesting was "how did they get footage of them coming out of the shuttle?". I didn't actually have a good answer for him when he brought it up.
I mean I guess they had dropped a camera onto the surface beforehand... and I guess it could even have been electronically rotated to get the aim right... but did they land it on a tripod or what? Did they build in a special camera jettison device into the lunar module for the sole purpose of having a camera poised and ready so they could grab the photo-op of the first steps onto the moon?
The more plausible explanation is that they set the camera up manually, then went back onto the module, and then stepped off it "for the camera". So if that's the case it was fake in that it wasn't really the first steps on the moon, but real in that it was really on the moon.
But whatever. It's a curiosity more than anything else. I don't doubt the lunar landing.
You guys missed the point of that post. Owain was complaining about how adverts everywhere use facebook, and that people aren't using it how he thinks it was meant to be used. I was trying to get at the fact that he can't possibly know with certainty how it was meant to be used. (also who the flying fuck cares how the average user uses it? The vast majority of my facebook statuses are song lyrics and links to images. (mostly pony related, lately))