Too much Facebook...

Pages: 123
closed account (3hM2Nwbp)
I don't have any "social networking" accounts. All of my friends have better things to do than sitting in front of a computer 24 / 7 " l o l-ing " at each-other, and for that I am thankful.
All of my friends have better things to do than sitting in front of a computer 24 / 7 " l o l-ing " at each-other

How would you know? If they're doing all that sort of thing on social networks, you'd never know.
All of my friends have better things to do than sitting in front of a computer 24 / 7 " l o l-ing " at each-other

Well then, looks as if we can never be friends!

But all jokes aside, it's nice for keeping in touch with family and friends you dont get to see often.
I don't use facebook, simply because I'm paranoid about them selling my data, same goes for google however there are no good alternatives for it so I'm stuck with it, where as facebook isn't a necessity for me.

before someone mentions duck duck go, I really did try it, but I found myself back on google half the time in order to get the answer I was looking for.
simply because I'm paranoid about them selling my data

There's a very simple solution to this problem: Don't post anything you don't want the entire world to see.

There's no such thing as privacy on the internet. Especially not with free sites. I don't know why so many people don't understand that. If you expect facebook or amazon or google or any other site to keep your privacy, you're a fool. The only thing you should expect them to keep private is payment information... and even that you should be careful about.

People that post personal stuff that they don't want others to see on the internet are idiots. Once it's on the net it's there forever, for everyone to see. Whether or not it's sold or whatever shouldn't matter to you.
Exactly, that's why I don't, and its not that people don't understand that, they are just ignorant to it.
YEEEEEEEEEES! I FREAKIN HATE FACEBOOK!!! and thats the only time you'll ever see me writing that good forsaken name !!!
Last edited on
closed account (j2NvC542)
Yes, it's definitely too much of it. Seriously, I go to the city and everything I hear from random teens is facebook... Maybe I live in the wrong area, but it is really annoying and they all should feel bad.
I was on facebook but the amount of shitposts per day made me quit. Noone even gives a shit about the posts others, they just want to post themselves, which is sad. And I don't have friends anyway, so why waste my time? Better spend it learning, before it's too late.
I use Facebook and twitter and talk to a few industry guys (CliffyB, Jason Rubin, Ed Boon, John Tobias, etc.)
I have a facebook account so I'm reachable when someone who doesn't know my new contact addresses from the old school days or so tries to reach me. I check my messages every few months or so. It's also convenient because quite a few sites allow you to log in with your facebook account. We also occasionally have programming contests over here, and those sometimes have tasks concerning social networks. Overall I think it's not worth the time and money so many people put into it, but there's also no reason for the hate it's getting.
I generally have it open in a tab while I do other things. Every now and again I'll look back to it and read a few things. Occasionally I post jokes or rants or whatever when I'm bored or when I feel like it. I don't do much other than that with it. [edit: It's also useful for organising events/gatherings/etc.]

I really can't sympathise with all the hate for it. It's just a website. Some people just need to calm down.

As for Twitter, I've never bothered to touch it. I've looked at other people's Twitter pages before because I thought or was told there was something interesting, but I don't have my own account and don't intend to set one up.
Last edited on
I had a twitter account long before it went mainstream. *puts on hipster glasses*

I never used it though
Having something before it's cool and then not using it anyway is just the epitome of hipster.
chrisname wrote:
Having something before it's cool and then not using it anyway is just the epitome of hipster.

I know, I was only doing it ironically. :P
I have a facebook....but i dont ever use it hardly;P...once i posted programming stuff to try to get a couple of programming buddies cause where i live there are none but it made ppl mad cause they accused me of "being a stuck up nerd".....developers are never given enough credit
Oh my god, how primitive. That's people. And yet the use a product of "stuck up nerds".
Did you tell them to die in a fire?
@bool;
That's a little harsh, don't you think?
Nah. Nothing irritates me more than this kind of bs. Sometimes people don't even think about what they say. If there is something I just can't stand then it's stupidity.
I see, well if there is something that I just can't stand... it's probably arrogant, self righteous hate.
Pages: 123