bored :D

hi,
I'm just bored and as a programmer, I'd like to do some new programming I've never tried before.

I've tried these:
-website programming
-phone programming
-game programming
-win32

what would you try if you were me?
and by the way I want to learn something new from it, and would like it to be kind of programming :D
How about some crazy AI stuff? Playing around with perceptrons sounds fun to do. Under "AI Tutorials"

http://www.cprogramming.com/algorithms-and-data-structures.html
try embedded programming, i.e a programming language mixed with a scripting one, it's what I'm doing right now. C++/Lua
Embedded programming is programming embedded systems.
Fair enough, I didn't really know what to call it.
I'm getting confused, AI is too complicated :D
where should i start exactly?
You don't have to start with anything too complicated. One thing I've wanted to do is a command shell that remembers your command history and guesses what you want it to do, and then you say whether you want to do that, and it eventually learns what you like and don't like it doing, how often you command it to do certain things, and at what time of day. I wonder if eventually, after enough training, it could work autonomously by just guessing what you want to do based on your habits and preferences.

Another thing I wanted to do is a program that changes a random byte in its own executable to a random value at random intervals, just to see what happens. Or one that generates random C code constantly and then tries to compile it, and then as soon as it gets one that compiles successfully, it alerts me so I can see what it does.
Last edited on
nice ones.

I just made one too many years ago, and i did it on a tutorial

you gave random X and Y s and tell it if it's on the line or right side or left. and after several times, it could guess the line.

i want to make simple things first, then complex ones.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.