Personality Type

Pages: 12
Okay...?

Does that not sound like a programmer to you?

I believe ISTJ and ESTJ are the most common types

What gives you this proof? Have you done actual research or are you basing it solely on people from this forum?
Does that not sound like a programmer to you?

The only part of that description that might be an important trait of a programmer is Thinking. More importantly, however, see that long post I made earlier in this thread that you clearly ignored: in it I talked about how the letter system is complete bullshit and incorrect. So what you shared is based on incorrect science, and is better off ignored.

What gives you this proof? Have you done actual research or are you basing it solely on people from this forum?

What gives me this "proof," is a scientific article by Luiz Capretz about the personality types in software engineering. So yeah, I've done "actual research."
@ascii Thank You, could you please post a link to your research, as I would like to read it.
Having only read the first couple of pages, I do not see where you see that they say that the myer-briggs (excuse spelling if wrong) test is false, they only seem to prove the higher likely hood of certain types to be associated with programmers, scientist, ect.
Also:
90% of the people who take the test will get a result of either INTJ or ENTJ (notice how almost everyone who posted results said they were an INTJ?)

The more I look the more I realise that It was 50/50 between those that said INTJ and those that did not.

Also note how in your paper INTJ occurs frequently? (Not saying it is most prevalent)
Having only read the first couple of pages, I do not see where you see that they say that the myer-briggs (excuse spelling if wrong) test is false

Yeah, not recognizing the many problems with that method of typing was stupid of them.

The more I look the more I realise that It was 50/50 between those that said INTJ and those that did not.

I was exaggerating when I said 90%. I just did a count, as well, and 4/7 people said INTJ, which is insane.

Also note how in your paper INTJ occurs frequently? (Not saying it is most prevalent)

Yes, well the result from the study was 15%, a hell of a lot smaller than the 57% of people who said INTJ on this forum.
Remember that on a programmer's forum, you will obviously have a selection bias.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12