What a new keyboard can do for you.

I recently just purchased a new keyboard to replace my 5-6 year old default keyboard, and boy does it make a difference programming. I now have the logitech illuminated keyboard and cant stop typing with this thing. What kind of keyboards do you guys use?
Last edited on
closed account (z05DSL3A)
Apple Keyboard with numeric keypad.
At home, Windows: A Microsoft wireless desktop keyboard. Not sure on the model.

At home, Mac: The wireless Apple keyboard. To be honest, it's a huge pain in the backside. It isn't the friendliest keyboard for programming, in my opinion. However, vanity prevails and I won't use any other keyboards because I like the way this looks with my iMac.

At work, Windows/Unix: The worst Lenovo keyboard you've ever seen. At least until I can scavenge something else.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/150873472059
The layout of the main keys is different, but it's otherwise identical. I've been using it for the past 12 years, which is quite a while, considering I'm 24. Why? Four reasons:
1. It still works flawlessly
2. No one sells Latin American keyboards anymore.
3. I don't care much for the laptop-esque feel many modern keyboards have.
4. It seems no one makes white keyboards* anymore. I can't quite touch-type, so I need to take quick glances at the keyboards to position my hands. I can't do that with a black keyboard because there's not enough contrast between the keys and the space in-between them.

* At reasonable prices. There are "trendy" white keyboards, but not "beige box" white keyboards.
closed account (zb0S216C)
Sidewinder x4. The keys don't hurt my fingertips after long hours of typing. I tend to get headaches when programming with the light on. So I turn the light off, and enable the keyboards built-in lighting. Ever since I started using this keyboard, I've been more comfortable with typing. Additionally, it has storage for 18 macros, which can be handy at times.

http://blog.gaingame.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Microsoft-SideWinder-X4-Gaming-Keyboard-Review-3.jpg

Wazzak
Last edited on
I've been rockin an old IBM SK-8815 since I was 14. She's built solid, has buttons for audio control, her keys are semi-heavy, and she's served me well.

I would like a high quality MKS keyboard, I like-a da clicky sound.
I've always been a fan of chiclet keyboards, and I find it difficult to type on anything other than one. On my desktop I use a bluetooth chiclet keyboard from Sony (model VGP-BKB1), and I also just use the keyboard that's built into my MacBook Pro. I'm actually surprised to hear discontent regarding Apple's keyboards, since I personally feel they they're the best to type on. I've never been able to type faster or more comfortably on anything other than an Apple keyboard.
Last edited on
What kind of keyboards do you guys use?

Das Keyboard Ultimate: http://www.daskeyboard.com/model-s-ultimate/ (not the model S, though, I got one of the first ones they made). Because I know where the keys are :)
What I can't get are the weirdly-shaped ergonomic keyboards - someone in my team has one, and I cannot type anything at his desk.

closed account (1yR4jE8b)
SteelSeries 7G, has that click sound I love for typing, perfect tactile response from the keys, amazing for gaming and built like a tank with no-fluff.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.