the super tools?!

Hi everybody, I was thinking that if there 'super' tools (programming languages) what tools are they gonna be?

i mean for example c++ and java for desktop apps , html css and javascript fot websites development, and so on.

to make it more simple i will list few 'fields' im really interested to know what will be there super tools

-web apps (facebook,youtube,amazon..)
-desktop apps (browser,media player,anti-virus,games..)
-websites designing (forums,blogs,simple websites..)
-phone apps (whatsapp,opera,games..)
-Operating Systems! (...)

and if u want to talk about other 'field' please feel free

(sorry if i made mistakes in writing or use of words)
Last edited on
- HTML, CSS, Javascript, ASP, PHP and Flash mostly. Online games tend to use Flash, Python, Java or Silverlight, depending on how complex there are.
- C, C++, .Net (C#, VB), Java.
- Same as the first line really.
- Java on Android and "normal" phones (it's different, though, because Android uses Google's own implementation of Java, which is called Dalvik), Objective-C on iPhones (and any other Apple product).
- Almost exclusively C and assembly language (which assembly language depends on the target architecture). Anything else is pretty much restricted to hobbyist OSes.
To add to the online games portion that chrisname posted, the Unity game engine is gaining ground in the online game development community. It has Reddit's support so you can expect at least a few hundred serious Unity devs out of the couple thousand there that are trying to use it in the next year or so.
- HTML, CSS, Javascript, ASP, PHP and Flash mostly. Online games tend to use Flash, Python, Java or Silverlight, depending on how complex there are.
- C, C++, .Net (C#, VB), Java.
- Same as the first line really.
- Java on Android and "normal" phones (it's different, though, because Android uses Google's own implementation of Java, which is called Dalvik), Objective-C on iPhones (and any other Apple product).
- Almost exclusively C and assembly language (which assembly language depends on the target architecture). Anything else is pretty much restricted to hobbyist OSes.

well, if u are going to learn them all it will probably take 5 or 6 years to learn them so if u are going to learn to do thing in all this fields what is you are going to choose and why (10 lang at max)

thank you for reply

To add to the online games portion that chrisname posted, the Unity game engine is gaining ground in the online game development community. It has Reddit's support so you can expect at least a few hundred serious Unity devs out of the couple thousand there that are trying to use it in the next year or so.

really i don't like this things (Unity,Unreal) but its good for decreasing development time and if you are a team this will make the process easier and let you divide work easily.
and do you totally agree with crisname ,if yes read my reply for crisname

and thanks for reply
You wouldn't learn them all. For example, ASP and PHP are direct replacements for one and other so (hopefully) you wouldn't use them both in the same environment. So are Flash and Silverlight, the difference being that Silverlight is Microsoft specific and so it's not as widely used. There are other relations like this but you get the idea.
so, (html, CSS, JavaScript, PHP, ActionScript, Python, Java, c++)
will be enough! (im not really interested in iphone apps and os dev)

*this will be fun langs to learn!
@chrisname
I don't think android uses a proprietary implementation of Java (language) but a proprietary VM (Dalvik). Sorry to nit pick.
Last edited on
it's really sad to know that people who post in a joke topic are more than the people who post in my topic
That's because there are more serious topics than joke topics. If you calculated the total number of posts in each type of topic I'm sure you would find that it was biased heavily towards serious topics (I'd be willing to bet it was more than 10:1).

@naraku9333,
That's what I meant, but I thought the libraries were different too.
@chrisname
After taking a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Java_and_Android_API it looks like it probably does use a proprietary implementation of the class library.
Also Dalvik is open source, so it's not a proprietary implementation.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.