dearth of coders around me

hello guys..!! Well, I am a student of computer engineering from New Delhi..I have been coding for quite a while. But, there's one thing that's been eating up my mind for quite long. I dont have many people around me with whom I can talk about coding. I miss talking about programming and all, solving others' problems, asking them mine.. there's kind of void that i wanna fill up..

So, this message goes straight to those guys with whom I can be friends, exchange our facebook ids' probably or email ids' and talk code code code!!.. that's what i want for the time being.. And if i could indulge myself with some kind of projects with you..then it would be great :) :). But, all i want is CODER FRIENDS

hoping for a good response :) :)
Last edited on
closed account (zb0S216C)
vgoel38 wrote:
"I dont have many people around me with whom I can talk about coding."

I don't have any; all of my friends seem completely oblivious to the fact that programmers even exists.

vgoel38 wrote:
"I miss talking about programming and all, solving others' problems, asking them mine.."

This is a discussion board, so your questions are welcome, you can answers questions, and chat in general in the lounge. It's a bit like the office's smoking room here.

vgoel38 wrote:
"So, this message goes straight to those guys with whom I can be friends, exchange our facebook ids' probably or email ids' and talk code code code!!.."

A good idea, but not all with be eager to give their information without knowing the person they're giving their information to. It's not a shot at you, it's just our intrinsic security system.

I'm sure you'll make programmer-oriented friends soon enough :)

Wazzak
Last edited on
1. Well.. i do hv friends who r good at coding but they just dont wanna talk..
i mean i dont know hw r they able to survive with just a laptop, net and a room.. One definitely needs to talk to live..

2.ofcourse..this is a place where i can surely discuss..but there is a major difference between directly discussing on a chat on a problem with sme1 and posting your question in a forum.In the forum, the same person seldom replies on the post again. And the post is discussed on for atmost one hour. After that..it whooshes in the forum..and we all know some coding problems need quite a good amount of time to be solved.

3.ya..no one will post his or her facebook id here willingly..but one could contact others personally through email..giving email id is I think not a problem. Though i believe serious coders can go to any limits ;)
my id- vgoel38@gmail.com
¿What happen to our IRC channel?
Once when the mods were asleep we posted ponies so they took the channel away from us :(
We had an IRC channel? :( We should ask to have that back
wow..we had an irc channel..and now we dont :(..thats not done ..we r missing out on so much..please mods..i wrote so many lines above out of my feelings..hope u respect them :(
what do mods have against ponies? thats racism right there
Cplusplus had an IRC channel, but when I used to get on there it was always dead.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.