A programmer in reflection...

Recently I went off to learn Common Lisp. What can I say? I love it. I get things completed faster, I enjoy using it, I love the syntax and semantics of it, everything about it pleases me. After learning the basics, I went back to C++ for a bit, and I felt trapped. I couldn’t express my ideas as well or as fast as I could in Common Lisp, after a while I got my bearings and it wasn’t so bad. But I still preferred Common Lisp. I can't really use Common Lisp much though, most of its libraries are either poorly documented, crude wrappers of C/C++ libraries or just plain bad. There is no big revival movement for Common Lisp at the moment, so this program is not going to go away in the near-future. So I don’t really know what to do. Do I use a language which is much better supported (C++) or do I use a language that I prefer using (Common Lisp)?
Keep both of them in your arsenal.
+1 @ xander.

The right tool for the right job. Programmers are expected to know and be able to use several languages. You don't have to (and shouldn't) limit yourself to picking just one.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.