A funny joke...

Pages: 123
How many programmers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
closed account (z05DSL3A)
Four, plus one senior analyst to manage the project, one technical writer to correct the spelling and grammar of the one who documented it, one light bulb librarian, a sales-force of at least five to drum up enough users who want to turn the light on, 274 users to burn out the new bulb, at which point we go to tender for another light bulb change,...
good answer but no. none because its a hardware problem
Sorry, this is C++. A Person who is a Programmer is not limited to just that, it may be that the same Person is a HardwareTechnician. They may also keep it part of their private life if they feel embarrassed, but that's implementation-defined.
Last edited on
its just a joke. i heard it while taking a hardware class... its like a blond joke. there are plenty of smart blondes. im a blonde, but theyre funny to listen to.
closed account (1yR4jE8b)
woosh
How many programmers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Just one. But if he does it for free, it'll only be half-screwed.
Two, because one always leaves halfway through a project.
A programmer screwing? Sounds pretty unlikely to me :p
How many Bjarne Stroustrups does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
One, but he'll unscrew it before he leaves the block.
Just one, because being a programmer does not make you incompetent at mundane household tasks.
ok @lb and cheraphy: it is just a joke. dont take it so seriously. i know (not neccesarily well) twelve languages and im getting an A+ certification in hardware. i can fix the hardware issues of a computer in addition to programming. if every joke was 100% true then (with me being blonde) think of how stupid would be.
oh and about the bjarne stroustrop quip... ive read one of his books on c++ and been to his sight but did he do something to c++ that im not aware of?
oh and about the bjarne stroustrop quip... ive read one of his books on c++ and been to his sight but did he do something to c++ that im not aware of?
err, I think he fitted new light-bulbs to C and found a couple of pluses hiding in the dark.
well he at first didnt even call it a new language. he just called it c with classes and other people would add on
Aramil of Elixia wrote:
lb and cheraphy: it is just a joke.

L B turned it into another joke by playing off C++ style OOP, and I turned it into an anti-joke :P

edit:

my favorite anti-joke: What's worse than spilling a gallon of milk? The holocaust.
Last edited on
But he did fit new light-bulbs to C. That meant that he could see further, so it was renamed C++ as in see more...I know this to be true 'cos I read it on Internets. ;0)
I love anti-jokes! A man walks into a bar. He is discharged from the hospital with 17 stitches and a minor concussion.
What's brown and sticky?
A stick.

How do you confuse a Blonde?
Paint yourself green and through folks at her.

Why does a duck swim in circles?
'cos one of its legs are both the same.

What's blue and smells like paint? Blue paint.
Pages: 123