• Forum
  • Lounge
  • What is the secret to becoming the great

What is the secret to becoming the greatest programmer in the whole wide world?

Pages: 123... 6
I want to be so good bjarn names his kids after me, i want to be so good i would be able to hack into the guvermint (not that i want to)
i want to be able to program my mobile fone to perfectly simulate the big bang, i want to create an artificialy inteligent OS i want to program an emotional robot...and i want to be able to do this while im still young.

Whats your secret to being able to understand complicated stuff
Last edited on
Trolling on all sorts of forums year in, year out probably isn't going to bring you closer to that goal (you're spoonlicker, right?).
closed account (o1vk4iN6)
He wouldn't need to troll, he'd just outsmart them :O. So yes if you are a troll I guess that implies you are not the greatest programmer in the whole wide world (really, what are you 5 ?).
closed account (ETAkoG1T)
Why would you want to hack into the government? It would cause chaos and they will have to use very much money on fixing the whole in the system. I am 14 years but I got to admit your post just sound stupid and childish.
Stupid thread and typo galore. Definitely spoonlicker grade material and spelling. Nothing better to do right now so:

Bjarne
Government
Phone
Artificially

Secret to being able to understand complicated stuff...roll up your sleeves and get to coding anything and everything you can. Oh, and stop being delusional, hacking is a fictional idea created by movies and totally pointless.
Ambition, dedication, persistence, wisdom, humility, open mindedness, coffee, hard work ...
Oh i dont really want to hack (crack) i was using the holywood stereotype to describe an expert computist, i certainly would like to be so good i know how to.
but i did genuinely want to know why you may have got good while others havnt but i was trying to add humor to the post.

humor doesnt work well in type and even worse with logical people.

i thought people would think im spoonlicker after grey wolf told me about him, who else thinks im spoonlicker??
spoonlicker certainly left his mark on you guys, am childish yes, but not spoonlicker and was genuine bout th post. (i meanwhy is it that your good and programming seems to get so deep so quickley)

:yes spellings bad, i can tell from all those red squigleys:

EDIT: how do you think spoonlicker would feel f ievery one thught i was
him? i reckon i am the only one who could talk spoonlicker down.

EDIT: proof im not spoonlicker that 500+ next to the name devonrevenge...spoonlicker would have got banned before 20 am i right?

not ridculouse topic im looking to the secret behind all successful programmers...wish i worded it like that
Last edited on
Ridiculous topic... <:)

- First, determine the target
- Do some researchs.
- Try accessing the target.
- Kill them! Quick!
- Leave with $$... :)
closed account (z05DSL3A)
devonrevenge wrote:
Whats your secret to being able to understand complicated stuff
Reading and doing.

Read RFCs, technical specs, open source code, books (I live in a city with two universities, a good source for second hand books and technical libraries).

closed account (D80DSL3A)
I think that comparing devonrevenge to spoonlicker is ridiculous.

...spoonlicker would have got banned before 20 am i right?

Sometimes, other times he/she could behave him/herself longer and delay getting banned.
Spoonlicker usually got banned due to the vile, profanity laced attacks which he/she would launch at all members if they wouldn't teach her things in a just so manner, and for other reasons.

proof im not spoonlicker that 500+ next to the name devonrevenge...

Not necessarily! There was that time when he spammed the beginner board by starting ~450 threads in 10 minutes. His post count reached almost 500 that time. Spoonlicker left lasting marks on this site (the report button, for example).

With devonrevenge I think young, impulsive and unfocused.
He's friendly though. I haven't seen any examples of attacks by him against others.
Spoonlicker was a totally different animal.
Last edited on
I think that comparing devonrevenge to spoonlicker is ridiculous.

You're post just pointed out a few reason to the contrary. If I recall correctly, Spoonlicker had made an account during his last attack where he was serious for a couple hundred posts, most of them serious programming questions and others just lounge type questions, before revealing himself as Spoonlicker and getting banned.

:yes spellings bad, i can tell from all those red squigleys:

That is a bad start, programmers are normally picky as hell about grammar, even the English grammar. Not wanting to fix the system pointed out spelling errors is a sign of laziness as you simply had to right click to get the suggestions and pick the proper spelling.

not ridculouse topic im looking to the secret behind all successful programmers...wish i worded it like that

There is no secret. Just code everything you can possibly think of coding and look into helping your favorite open source projects by trying to add a feature or fix things in it for them.
closed account (ozUkoG1T)
The one thing you already Achieved is to Be the BADDEST TROLL in the WORLD, IF YOU WANT TO BE A TROLL DO IT WELL NOT BAD

The next thing you achieved is that you JUST BROKE THE LINE OF STUPIDITY AND ACHIEVED FURTHER THAN ANY MAN IN THE WORLD WILL OR CAN.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is very LQ Thread
If I recall correctly, Spoonlicker had made an account during his last attack where he was serious for a couple hundred posts, most of them serious programming questions and others just lounge type questions, before revealing himself as Spoonlicker and getting banned.

thats genuinely funny because of all the hard work put into being pointless and stupid, kind of sad on that note too.

I find i check my spelling around you guys more when im not in the lounge.
incidentally i read that spell checkers were making people worse spellers, well Shirley they would be better with the spellcheck? im going to sabotage mine so i have a good excuse for being lazy, just i proly wont get round to it.

i like that programmers like good english with decent syntax, ive noticed over time i have found double negative statements more confusing along with bad sentence structure, this is upsetting because i was always the first to point out to people that only thick people use bad spelling to make assumptions about someone.

is spoon licker amongst us now? do you have a link to the last post? spoonlicker mite try something now after talking about me being spoonliker.

i am not, can spoonlicker code? if he shes a complete foney i could provide code with specific things in to prove it.
Last edited on
You're post just pointed out a few reason to the contrary.

You're post are beautiful.
is spoon licker amongst us now? do you have a link to the last post? spoonlicker mite try something now after talking about me being spoonliker.

And so it begins... again...
i wasnt trolling :( i wanted to spark a conversation about what makes some people manage to get into the deeper stuff comfortably, its important to open up a conversation dramatically, i hate you cyberwarfare (whats LQ thread) .
Last edited on
Dramatically starting a conversation tends to get the wrong kind of attention and the topic is derailed before it's even started.

To answer the original question directly, to be the best programmer, first you need to know how to program. Next, you need to have ideas for interesting projects that each require more skill than the last. Finally, you need to go through with each project.
You're post are beautiful.
Missing a typo is different than blatantly ignoring when the browser points out errors. Also, if you remember any of your English or Composition classes, they tell you to have other proof read your work because they will see the typos your mind misses (as your mind knows what was supposed to be there and makes you read it as you meant it).

As for spoonlicker, I know a few people like him. He spams the site because it makes him feel like an elite hacker. He gets his kicks from acting like a regular user and building anonymity and then revealing himself to be spoonlicker. The reason I think he attacks others is because he thinks they are better than him so he bullies and belittles them to make himself feel bigger.

Me a troll? Call me what you want, I just analyze what is put and give my interpretation of it. I never said my interpretations were absolute truth of how it should be interpreted. Please notice too that I never said devonrevenge was spoonlicker, just that the thread seemed like a spoonlicker-ish post. I don't think he is spoonlicker, and I'm sure I've had spoonlicker grade posts and threads myself.

i am not, can spoonlicker code?

Well he can code, but by his own tongue is anti-OOP, which also could just be a joke with him as C++ is known for being OOP. Or rather he can post code, doesn't mean he can code as it could just be things he pulled from other sites, tutorials, or books.
good im glad you know i am not, can you imagine if he used a name like mine but not quite!?

i was thinking i could prove it by making a very specific code i couldnt have pulled from a site
good im glad you know i am not, can you imagine if he used a name like mine but not quite!?

i was thinking i could prove it by making a very specific code i couldnt have pulled from a site

Go ahead-o.
Pages: 123... 6