• Forum
  • Lounge
  • I CANT STUDY BECAUSE ALL I WANT TO DO IS

I CANT STUDY BECAUSE ALL I WANT TO DO IS PROGRAM!!!

closed account (LN7oGNh0)
Ok guys heres the deal. Ive got my mock exams this week and if I dont stop programming I am definitely going to fail!!! (Well I wont fail. Maybe get a C. BUT THAT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY PARENTS!) Please tell me how to stop myself from programming for only a week! (Ive already done a french oral and probably got a C!) Please not suggestions like 'throw out your computer' because i need my computer to study. Is there some type of code that I could type in to prevent me from going on? Like a password that I could tell my parents?

Thanks.
Uninstall your compiler. Usually discourages people. Well, at least it discourages me from coding at school.
Last edited on
I dont want to do that because it took me ages to install in the first place.
That's the general idea ;)
hmmmm... Well will I lose all the code Ive written?
Uninstalling things generally doesn't go around your computer and your other computers and delete the files you've made.

Unless your compiler is a reticulated spline, you won't lose any of your code. Just make sure you didn't save any of your code in the same directory as the compiler.
Rename the compiler folder, or pack it then delete, or move the compiler folder to another folder, or rename main software executable, E.g "program.exe" -> program.txt
Last edited on
So all I really have to do is save my programs on my memory stick?
Ive got a better solution. I will just not use my computer. See ya signing off!
If I post again, tell me to get off.

Wish me luck...
> Maybe get a C. BUT THAT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY PARENTS!
¿is C++ good enough?
hehe ne thas funny, it does get addictive dont it.
Im back! Just to let you know I didnt type one thing on C++ or even open it!!!

@ne555: no a C++ is even worse. :(
lol eventually you will burnout once you realize that you should've payed more attention to studying and class because it (Math) will make you a better programmer if you get higher than a C+. ok maybe thats a bit to personal. to wikipedia..sigh. You're in stage 2 of addiction: obsession, stage 3 is loathing, stage 4 is burnout.
Last edited on
I have finals also, but All I am doing is programming, but I don't give a crap because I am done with my religion finale which was a killer, 100 multiplier choice and 2 essays in 1 hour! So now biology, math, Latin, and English which are all easy!
@Sharpie,

Where are you from? If you don't mind me asking.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.