Supported targets

I must be an idiot or something because I've spent days searching and I cannot for the life of me figure out where to find any kind of list of supported targets for my compiler. I've got MinGW currently and I want to make a small script to compile my program that compiles it for win32 regardless of who compiles it (so someone on linux could compile it for 32-bit windows). But...I can find no list or even a reference on the target syntax to take a guess at what it could be.

Is it just so obvious that nobody writes it anywhere?
I've got MinGW currently and I want to make a small script to compile my program that compiles it for win32 regardless of who compiles it (so someone on linux could compile it for 32-bit windows).
Uh... Huh? If the user has the corresponding compiler (in the case of Linux, the cross-compiler version of MinGW) then they can use it to compile the program. For example, by setting environment variables that a Makefile can use.
Otherwise they can't. Most compilers are not cross-compilers.
Last edited on
Then what's the point of having a commandline option to set the target?
In the case of GCC, a command line argument can be passed that causes it to invoke the relevant cross-compiler if it is installed. This is mostly a matter of convenience, like how you can pass -z to tar to avoid having to manually pipe the two programs.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.