The Matrix (Movie)

Pages: 12
closed account (LN7oGNh0)
I've watched all 3 movies and there's something i don't understand, how does Neo have powers outside of the Matrix??? I know that he was born into the machine world and so he is not completely human, but that doesn't really enable him to blow up the centinels with his mind. (or does it...) Also, Mr. Smith is the opposite of Neo, and he was able to make a man turn into his self. (mentally.)

Any theories?
closed account (1yR4jE8b)
I'm pretty sure they only made 1 Matrix movie....
Oh. Sorry, I meant all three parts.
I'm pretty sure darkestfright was making a reference to the last couple of panels of this comic:

http://xkcd.com/566/
oh! I get it. That was funny.
One possibility is that the matrix is inside another matrix, and it was set up that way so that if the humans found out* about the "inner" matrix, they would destroy it, and it could be recreated**. Since all the humans would still be plugged into the "outer" matrix, they could be put back into the inner matrix and it would be as if nothing ever happened. There could be any number of matrices inside each other.

* actually, the machines deliberately tell a small group of humans about the matrix, which somehow stops humans from finding out about the matrix. They usually don't destroy it because the One is convinced by the machines not to tell anyone and to be plugged back in; Neo chooses otherwise because he loves Trinity or something

** the architect states that it's been recreated 4 times already ("this will be the 6th time we have created it...")

[edit]
Here's another thought. What if, in the world outside of the matrix, it is possible to do all the things Neo does? What if the rules that you can't levitate or stop bullets with your hand or slow time were invented by the machines (possibly to give the agents an advantage in combat, since they'd be programmed to ignore the rules)? If we live in a simulation, those rules may not apply in the world outside it.
Last edited on
hmmm... Oh! If the architect is another program, then is the robot with all the spikes the actual creator of the matrix?
What robot is that? The Architect is the machine that designed and built each matrix; I'm guessing he can plug himself in to communicate with the humans, if they find him. Going back to the Matrix being rebuilt; the Architect built a utopia, but the humans didn't believe it was real because it was too perfect, so it had to be rebuilt to include misery and such to make the humans believe it was real. I can't remember why, but at some point the robots decided that each time they rebuilt the matrix, they would tell one human (Morpheus in the movies) the truth, and let him wake people up and try to destroy the matrix. They would also pick one human to be the "One". Each time, the One would reach the Architect, just like Neo did, and the Architect would somehow convince him to be plugged back in. I can't remember, but I think that the One would either do it to save humanity and sacrifice the love interest (Trinity in the movies) or to sacrifice humanity and save the love interest. Whichever one it is that the other Ones did, Neo does the opposite.
That robot is the one where Neo gets to when he is in the robot city. It has a whole bunch of 'insect' robots that turn into a face. (sort of looked like a baby to me any way.)

Ya, I know that but I still dont understand how Neo could blow up robots outside of the Matrix. Even if there was another 'unknown' matrix that they were living in, everyone should have been able to fight like they do in the 'known' matrix.
closed account (18hRX9L8)
/*
 * File: matrix.c
 * --------------------------
 * Creates a matrix.
 */

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <conio.h>
#include <time.h>

#include "concol.h" // Get from http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/2ywTURfi/
                            // For gotoXY get from http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/88558/

int main()
{
      char c=0;
      int x, y;
      int increment,$;
      srand( (unsigned)time( NULL ) );
      setcolor(green,black);

while (TRUE) //boucle infinie
      {
            c = (rand() % 250) + 11;
            x = rand() % 80;
            y = rand() % 25;

if (c == 14)
            {
                  for (increment=0; increment <= 24; increment++)
                  {
                        GotoXY(x, increment);
                        printf("%c", 219);
                        if (increment >= 20 & increment <= 15){ GotoXY(x, increment - 5); printf("%c", 176); }
                        if (increment >= 15 & increment <= 10){ GotoXY(x, increment - 5); printf("%c", 177); }
                        if (increment >= 10 & increment <= 3) { GotoXY(x, increment - 7); printf("%c", 178); }
                        for($=0;$<24000000;$++)
                        {
                              $=$;
                        }
                  }
            }
            GotoXY(x, y);
            printf("%c", c);
      }
}
Last edited on
Ive got the header file, but I dont get what to do for 'GotoXY'??? Is there a segement of the code that I have to copy, or is it all of it? Im confused...
Here is something to scare you more. According to some interview with Keanu Reeves, they are writing Matrix scripts for 4, 5, and 6 (a whole new trilogy)...The world really has ended.

NOTE: I'm not referring to the 2011 hoax. Recent magazine I read while waiting in line, said he and the Wachowskis are discussing a whole new trilogy.
Last edited on by closed account z6A9GNh0
OH MY GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's awesome!!!!
No it's really not. The first one was the only good one. A new trilogy is just going to run it into the ground more than the two sequels did.
More bad movies won't ruin the good one that already exists... and that's if they're bad. They might not be. You never know.

Personally I'm waiting for the third Bill & Ted movie, it should be out this year.
Last edited on
Personally I'm waiting for the third Bill & Ted movie, it should be out this year.

Bill & Ted 's third movie may not be out. It's not even in production yet, and is actually marked as still in development with no actors agreeing to do it. I've heard it will be a reboot and not a sequel.

More bad movies won't ruin the good one that already exists... and that's if they're bad. They might not be. You never know.

Didn't say it ruined the movie, I said they [the sequels] ran it [the trilogy] into the ground. Making another trilogy would just let them screw up the story more.
BHXSpecter wrote:
Bill & Ted 's third movie may not be out. It's not even in production yet, and is actually marked as still in development with no actors agreeing to do it. I've heard it will be a reboot and not a sequel.

It's a sequel, Keanu Reeves has already revealed some of the plot points, and the script has already been written. They have a director as well. Of course there's a chance it'll never be more than a script and a director, but I think it will be made.

BHXSpecter wrote:
Didn't say it ruined the movie, I said they [the sequels] ran it [the trilogy] into the ground. Making another trilogy would just let them screw up the story more.

I get that, but what I'm saying is, it doesn't matter. If the sequels suck, let them suck. The one good movie we already have will always be good, and you never know, the new trilogy might be good too.
I thought all the Matrix films were awesome! Why wouldnt you want them to make another one??? You cant know if it going to be bad.
Last edited on
t's a sequel, Keanu Reeves has already revealed some of the plot points, and the script has already been written. They have a director as well. Of course there's a chance it'll never be more than a script and a director, but I think it will be made.

Yes, that was back in August of 2012. Last I had heard, Dean Parisot was the director for it, but he backed out to do Red 2 with no news of who replaced him. As for the script being written, Alex Winter has been saying since 2010 that it had been written via his twitter account.

I thought all the Matrix films were awesome! Why wouldnt you want them to make another one??? You cant know if it going to be bad.

It will. Once they started making them (Neo and Smith) reach through peoples chest in the "matrix" it became too retarded even for the story they were pushing. Now any trilogy that brings Neo back from the dead and ends the peace between the humans and machines will just be franchise suicide.

[EDIT]
Won't get into the other things that made me think it became a retarded trilogy.
Last edited on by closed account z6A9GNh0
closed account (18hRX9L8)
Hazique35 wrote:
Ive got the header file, but I dont get what to do for 'GotoXY'??? Is there a segement of the code that I have to copy, or is it all of it? Im confused...

#include <windows.h>

void gotoXY(int x, int y) 
{ 
      HANDLE console = GetStdHandle(STD_OUTPUT_HANDLE);
      COORD CursorPosition;
      CursorPosition.X = x; 
      CursorPosition.Y = y; 
      SetConsoleCursorPosition(console,CursorPosition); 
}
Last edited on
Pages: 12