Speech help.

Pages: 12
I am writing a speech for school, and it is worth a lot of my grade, so I want your guys' opinions.
The speech (not entirely done):
Me wrote:
French, Gangnam Style, Earrings, Modern Warfare. All of these things share a common property; all of these things are what psychologists call memes. A meme is defined as a piece of cultural information that spreads from human to human, usually by imitation. Put simply, something you learn by watching someone else do it. What does a term coined by a 1970 evolutionist have to do with you?

Without you knowing it, memes occupy most of your daily activities, and can even cause you to to weird and outrageous things. Gangnam style a Korean love song, went viral not only due to the record label's near perfect market research, but mostly because of the easy to imitate dance moves. These dance moves, and most other dance steps, are examples of modern day memes, that spread rapidly due to the internet.

Many other seemingly meaningless fads have begun and spread throughout the internet. Some of the more popular of these are lolcats - the image of a cat with a purposely misspelled humorous caption. Not many people know that this internet fad actually originated in 1870s in Briton. Another humorous example, is known as “epic fail” - normally an image that rags on the stupidity of someone or something. Most commonly associated with videos showing people “epic failing” on treadmills.

Memes often create humour, however, they can also have a malicious intent. On the 8 January 2013, a twitter hashtag named “cutforbieber” went viral, within hours the internet was flooded with images of young teenage girls with slashed wrists and thighs. Experts in teen psychology say this is just another example of how far teenagers will go to show their loyalty to modern idols.
It reads very formal, which isn't necessarily a bad thing if that's what your going for. But when reading it out it's going to sound like you're reading straight off the paper; it will be hard to show much emotion.
A fun way to make your prose more flamboyant and poetic is to pick a common letter (e,r,s) then go through what you've written and replace words that contain that letter with a phrase or metaphor (with the exception to key words).
@Lachlan Thank you, I will try your technique.
getting drunk for confidence and other stimulants can also help you come across more charismatic, avoid weed glue and lsd however
closed account (iw0XoG1T)
Is LSD availabe in the UK? LSD is very difficult to find in the states, I have not heard of it even being available in years.
Any big festival theres plenty, people just go round tent to tent selling it, i always though quarter of a tab and a big screen and surround sound and a well made computer game would bring out the special effects a touch more, it cos lsd has such a strange effect on flat things drawn to have a perspective.

Ive only ever taken one tab, and i couldnt have been in a safer place and with old trustworthy freinds, not sure how often all those things come together.
In my opinion LSD is the safest recreational drug there is. I really would not worry about safe--but I would advise doing it with good friends because it is a lot more fun.

It is hard to find in the states because they prosecute hard and there is very little profit margin. So there are not many suppliers.
Last edited on
I was just scared of getting confused and peeing on myself or needing to be naked or something, Now i know that you know whats happening, that whole thinking you can fly and jumping out a window thing is total balls, its designed to scare people who have never taken it, ever heard of someone getting drunk and thinking they can fly and jumping out a window? i didnt take 50 tabs but i think getting drunk and thinkning you can fly is more likley.

As bill hicks said, they deserved to die if they didnt try flying from the ground first
Giving advice to take drugs/alcohol to make someone more confident sounds pretty terrible to me.
closed account (3qX21hU5)
Devon that is not complete lies. People die on LSD all the time because they think the y are superman. You might not have experienced that effect while you were using it but it affects everyone differently. And recommending people get into drug use especially hard drugs like LSD and Acid is just plain stupid. You do know there are long lasting effects to such type of drugs dont you? You might be having fun now but after a few years of using it and having no short term or long term memory you will regret it.

I'm talking from experience here, I have used ever drug in the book at least once in my day but my main drug of choice was Oxycontin or Heroin. I thank god that I was able to get off them everyday and have been sober for around 2 years now. But using all them drugs took a effect on me, I am no longer able to solve problems as quickly as I used to be able to, I have really bad short term memory and other side effects.

In my opinion LSD is the safest recreational drug there is

You do relise that it is poison that you are taking when you take LSD right? There have been many people that have freaked out on LSD and committed murders, suicides, and other crimes because of a bad trip. Then there is the brain damage that it causes its users. So no its not a safe drug.
edit: removed argumentive post
Last edited on
It is quite common for long term users to have "trips" years later since the cemical is stored in your spine. These flashbacks can occur anytime even if you have only taken acid once in your life. LCD is also responsible for seizures and other harmful effects on the body. Look it up if you don't want to believe me. Its your choice to use it if you want to but don't lead people to think that it is a "safe" drug to use.

I am not going to debate a little kid on what I have been through in my life. Believe what you want to but please stop glorifying drug use.

By the way f you two years is a big deal to me.
Last edited on
Last edited on
In b4 awkwardly placed drugs conversation!

EDIT: ah nuts
Last edited on
Like I said before I'm not going to debate you on my life, I could care less if you believe me or not.

If you actually have been sober for 20 years I congratulate you on that, and you would know that 2 years is a big deal to ANY addict. Hell one day sober is a big deal.

Sure there are people that can hold a job when they bang drugs everyday but in the end there is 3 ways that it could go, 1 they OD and die, 2 they end up in a the pen, 3 they get sober. I'm sure some daily users of hard drugs can hold a job and support their families but they are very few probably less then 1% of drug users. The habit starts to get very very expensive since their tolerance keeps going up and up so either they start to spend every last dollar on their habit or they have millions and just OD from taking so much.

I'm sure you can point out a few cases where drug users live successful lives but the majority of them don't.
Last edited on
No I will wear it on my sleeve. I am proud of my sobriety, if my talking about it helps others not make the same choices I did its more then worth it. That is not why its called anonymous it is called that because you can go to them meetings without fear of being judged or being labeled a addict. No one will talk about you outside of them meetings that is why it is called anonymous. I can share my opinions and my sobriety all I want.

But I'm done with this debate with you, obviously we have two different ideas of what it means to be sober and have way different opinions on how drugs can be harmful. So have a good day and I wish you luck.
chwsks wrote:
I doubt you could even find Oxycontin without a legal prescription.

Oxycontin is the drug of choice at my school, and its not that hard to get from what I hear.
@Zereo, your almost 90 percent right about everything out of all my friends who took drugs, a minority grew into real life drongos, very few i might add and im not including the majority whos lifes are bogged down with the chore of being an alcoholic.

I knew a guy who went rock climbing without ropes, that outta be illegal, I hated him going climbing I felt for his mum.

theres no long term effects, no evidence to prove it, no one has died for that reason cos you dont lose your ability to reason as much as you do with alchohol, you have to realise theres a lot of propaganda out there, and its all for good reason, dude in the 60s hippies werent dying left right and centre were they? the only hippies who were dying were in vietnam, but that was tottaly legal because they were protecting america from foreign idealism :P

You do relise that it is poison that you are taking when you take LSD right? There have been many people that have freaked out on LSD and committed murders, suicides, and other crimes because of a bad trip. Then there is the brain damage that it causes its users. So no its not a safe drug.

Oh yeah they make it wrong sometimes its called 'bad acid' but youknow the flashback stuff has been proven to be bunk, i think theres a pen and teller episode on lsd.

Im not glorifying drug use by saying i had fun, and refusing to say anything good ever happened is going to be a big lie, its like a huge conspiracy, all drugs are bad barring booze coffee and cigarretes

or those last three things are okay because real adults can deal with moderation, then im sure there are few drugs that are ileagal for the wrong reason.

EDIT: they sell oxytosin in health food shops what is this?
Last edited on
LCD is also responsible for seizures and other harmful effects on the body

I'd better stop eating computer monitors then...
Pages: 12