How to Combine Visa Pre-paid cards?

closed account (EAUX92yv)
I have quite a few of those prepaid visa gift cards they sell at Walgreens and CVS etc. I was wondering if there is a way to combine them to one card? Thanks!
closed account (3qX21hU5)
Tape?

But no there isn't unless you have the reloadable ones then you might be able to. That is how they usually make money on them because most of the time people dont spend everything and have a dollar or so left.
Last edited on
Ha ha. I guess I should have been more specific that I want to combine the values of the cards into one card.
Put them in a furnace and forge a new card imbibed with extra power by the elves of Rivendell.
Sometimes the people on this forum make me laugh so hard. Speaking of Rivendell, I just got to the part in Fellowship of the Ring where Frodo and his companions feast there. But please, be serious.
You can go to the store and buy a pre paid visa (of custom value) of the exact amount of your assorted cards, using said cards to pay for new card.
You can go to the store and buy a pre paid visa (of custom value) of the exact amount of your assorted cards, using said cards to pay for new card.

Actually I don't think you can do that at least not where I live (USA Minnesota). They only let you pay cash for the prepaid cards you can't use credit card or other prepaid cards I don't believe. Atleast that is what they told me when I tried a few years ago. Also it would be kind of a waste since you have to pay like $6 to buy a card. Best thing to do would just be to go to the store and purchase whatever you want split between however many cards you have, it might be embarrassing but its better then wasting money.
I've bought a prepaid visa for a friend of mine using my visa debit card before.
Must be some regulation my state has then =/ or the cashier didn't want to do his job which is entirely possible.
closed account (S6k9GNh0)
The correct answer is to never use prepaid cards. They are horrible and apparently are meant more for fee exploitation than the purpose of holding money.
anyone come across a prepaid debit card yet? you dont have to register them to your name and you can load them with cash, I dont think it was a good move personally think of the opportunities for money launderers,
I have never seen a debit card that you don't have to register to "a" name. Anyways they keep track of the cards, and if someone was loading and unloading thousands or millions a dollars a month on a card I think they would notice.
Last edited on
Heres one, coure the address is where they send the card to but thats it, I used devon revenge on mine...i eventually had to register it cos i had money on there and there was a one year limit, theres also a limit to how much you can put on that increases once you register, so you could still money launder...with lots of them

http://cash.orange.co.uk/ is actually quite a handy thing
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.