Game Console

Pages: 12
closed account (N36fSL3A)
So, I was thinking about buying a Raspberri Pi...

Then I got the idea, BAM a game system.

I was thinking it would be like a NES... not anything big, but I want it to be small, about the size of a PS2 Fat. The problem is, I was thinking about making 2, one for me and one for my friend, but 12 year olds don't have 60 dollars laying around.(Well I do, but I'm saving up for a new PC)

I'm wondering right now, should I buy a Raspberri Pi and build my game system off of that, or will I get into legal trouble?

Orrr I could purchase a CPU off of amazon, a Intel 80386 and learn some assembly to create the code alone... but that would take years...
I'm not sure if I have enough time to invest in this...
Its not even making my circut board, but its really the graphic rendering, and I'm not very good with Hex

What do you recommend?
closed account (S6k9GNh0)
wat
You may want to ask that spoonlicker - ing girl about how yo do that.

Supposedly she claims to be able to code in opcodes directly on all microarchitecture, and can probably help you code your video game system.
@Harmony which one?
This is what I'm doing with mine (or would be, if I had an SD card writer). It would be relatively easy to code a game console atop Linux, but with mine I'm writing a basic OS, just because.
There's nothing magical about a game console. It's just a OS built for a more specific purpose.
There's nothing magical about a game console. It's just a OS built for a more specific purpose.

Actually, a game console is a piece of hardware built for a more specific purpose :P

edit: @Script Coder. Spoonz was/is a troll that rears it's ugly head every once in a while. Every time they decide to pick on this forum it starts the same way, and by how harmony and at least one other recent user have been posting I'd be willing to put money on both of them being the same trolls as always.
Last edited on
closed account (S6k9GNh0)
While console hardware is getting closer to PCs, they're still specialized for just console use (games, threading, audio, so on). You should have seen the N64 specifications though, they were pretty awesome for that day and age.
N64 sported two 64-bit microprocessors in the 90s, and re-programmable microcode.

Awesome = yes.
You should have seen the N64 specifications though, they were pretty awesome for that day and age.

You should have seen the Sega Saturn specs. O:
:O MARIO CART!!!

i just thought, use a blue tooth dongle and some program to get my xbox controllers to work, get an n64 emulator on da PI, plug my Pi into the tellybox

N64 PI! its all so clear to me now.
I find people who use Bluetooth to be annoying. I don't use it.

No offense, just my experience.
No offence, but do you realize that bluetooth != wireless headset?
Do you realize that I am practically homeless?
No, but that's completely irrelevant.
You probably would not feel that way if you were sleeping behind McDonalds twice a month or so, charging your Wi-Fi device through public community centers secretly, and using only open networks for online access to do low paying surveys online.
techno hobo? thats amazing :O if your in london I could put you in something that isalmost a squat...theres no drugs there at least but theres a lot of hippies

theres wifi
Last edited on
closed account (3qX21hU5)
If you are supposedly homeless wouldn't your time be much better spent on getting a job then trolling these forums?
The way to get rid of trolls is to report them, repeatedly if necessary.

Edit: Oh, and don't reply to them.
Last edited on
The way to get rid of trolls is to report them, repeatedly if necessary.
Last time I checked, the bar of entry for creating a new account was minimal.

Edit: Oh, and don't reply to them.
We're all doing a pretty good job of that.

The nice thing is that the users of this forum tend to take inflammatory topics and make a pretty interesting discussion about them. I don't mind the trolls, since they give everyone something to chew on and discuss.
Last edited on
Pages: 12