Weed

Pages: 123456
Maybe I suck at the google.

Maybe you did not look at other sites showing very different results and the more complete picture, but instead the one's that have something to gain by promoting chemo over cannibus.

http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/country-health-profile/jamaica

btw. any comeback for actual cases of people cured???
Maybe you did not look at other sites showing very different results and the more complete picture, but instead the one's that have something to gain by promoting chemo over cannibus.

Convincing.

2 types ranked 'poor', 3 types ranked 'good', and 12 types between. Doesn't scream normal rates at all.

btw. any comeback for actual cases of people cured???

Post hoc ergo propter hoc? Spontaneous remission also occurs in people who don't use cannabis.

It would definitely appear, however, that cannabis has some properties that make it useful in combating cancer. I wouldn't go so far as to call it a cure.
closed account (3qX21hU5)
From my understanding the cannabis is not prescribed to patients for a cure to cancer. It is prescribed for when they go through chemo and other treatments since it is proven to reduce nausea and also help them with their appetite.

Also just because someone smokes weed and the cancer goes into remission doesn't prove that cures cancer. There is just way to many variables to say that as if it was a fact. You don't know what other types of treatment they were given and if they affected the remission. Also there are plenty of people that don't smoke weed and like cire said have Spontaneous remission.

Also that study you linked provided doesn't prove anything. If anything it proves you are wrong since Jamaica has more worse world wide rankings then they do good.

You can't have a "cure for cancer", that's like asking for a "cure for bacteria". Cancer isn't a single disease, it's an umbrella term for lots of kind of similar diseases.
But you can have ways to kill cancer, just like we have antibiotics to kill off bacteria. Chemotherapy does this. It kills off cancer (in theory) by targeting fast growing cells. This is also why people lose hair during chemo; hair is a fast growing cell. It's similar to why people get irregular bowel movements while on antibiotics. The antibiotics will kill off all bacteria, good and bad.
You don't know what other types of treatment they were given and if they affected the remission

Checkout people on Rick Simpson site /documentary claiming they got cured by only using the cannabis oil - no chemo at all. My friends mom also used no chemo at all but only weed.

It is prescribed for when they go through chemo and other treatments since it is proven to reduce nausea and also help them with their appetite.

They (the medical industry) wont advise people to use cannabis to cure cancer as it will greatly reduce their profits.

Spontaneous remission also occurs in people who don't use cannabis.

For sure, but such cases are very very few compared to the results of people whose cancer went into remission after using weed.

You can't have a "cure for cancer", that's like asking for a "cure for bacteria". Cancer isn't a single disease, it's an umbrella term for lots of kind of similar diseases.

Well we currently have testimonies of people with many differentt types of cancers being cured by cannabis.
Last edited on
SIK wrote:
Well we currently have testimonies of people with many differentt types of cancers being cured by cannabis.

Do you know what "testimonies", i.e. anecdotal evidence, are worth in science? Nothing.

@ResidentBiscuit
Chemo isn't a cure for cancer in general, it's a treatment which sometimes cures some cancers. Similarly, antibiotics aren't a cure for bacteria, they're a cure for some diseases caused by some bacteria (while some, like MRSA, are resistant).
I wasn't saying either is a cure per se, just saying they both fight off their respective disease in similar ways.
Checkout people on Rick Simpson site /documentary claiming they got cured by only using the cannabis oil - no chemo at all. My friends mom also used no chemo at all but only weed.

Show me studies, a documentary is not anywhere near a scientific study. And just because you know someone doesn't prove anything.

They (the medical industry) wont advise people to use cannabis to cure cancer as it will greatly reduce their profits.

No they won't advise people to use cannabis as a cure BECAUSE it is not proven to have any effect of "curing" cancer. If I got cancer and my doctor said well we are just going to ignore all modern medical science and just prescribe you weed I would drop that doctor in a heartbeat and file a report on him and hopefully get his license taken away.

For sure, but such cases are very very few compared to the results of people whose cancer went into remission after using weed.

Again do you have studies or any proof to back this up?

Once again where is your proof and who is "we"? He is right you can't "cure" cancer, you can destroy parts of it but as of right now there is no "cure" for cancer.

You are basically basing all your claims off of a friends mom you knew, a documentary you watched, and some mysterious testimonies (Coming for weed smokers which are no offense to all the smokers here most of the time not reliable I know I will catch crap for this but oh well).
Last edited on

Correlation does not equal causation.
SIK wrote:

That's true. People only go into the medical industry to make money and screw people over. The government conspiracy theory isn't enough? Needed to bring the private sector into it to? What about England? Surely they have some stake in this. "Those blasted colonies! They can have their independence, but we'll support lobbyists against marijuana! Ha! They'll all die of cancer!"

I bet the U.S government and health care industry are also responsible for the lack of marijuana legalization in other countries and for suppressing secret clinical trials on people treated with it for cancer.

You sound just a little bit ridiculous.

SIK wrote:

There are plenty of people who claim they were cured by praying. Should we put our trust in that?

Care to cite your source?

[Edit: There are some promising laboratory and animal studies out there. It will be interesting to see how it plays out in clinical trials, but I don't think anyone is suggesting it's a cure other than rabid marijuana devotees and newsies who need catchy headlines.]
Last edited on
I can't find the article anymore, but I have read of studies that suggest that there might be a correlation between the use of cannabinoids and reduction of cancerous cells in patients.

This is absolutely miles from "pot cures cancer" but it does establish that it's entirely possible that it could help.
I can't find the article anymore, but I have read of studies that suggest that there might be a correlation between the use of cannabinoids and reduction of cancerous cells in patients.
Might find something related here:
http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/cam/cannabis/healthprofessional/page4
You think weed will be less and less popular the stronger it becomes
Show me studies, a documentary is not anywhere near a scientific study. And just because you know someone doesn't prove anything.

Try finding someone official in the medical society capable of doing scientific study on the merits of cannabis and see how far they get at making their results official if the merits are true - they will get shot down - its happened man times in the past over and over again.

There were many documentries I found on this subject - not just one.

Read the emperor wears no cloths by Jack Herer - the references provided in his book can be corroborated.

If this forum was natured on a first name, full identity basis I'd gladly welcome you to bring me someone diagnosed with cancer and prove that they can be cured via heavy cannabis use.

No they won't advise people to use cannabis as a cure BECAUSE it is not proven to have any effect of "curing" cancer.

Well they will NEVER perform any tests or release such results as it WILL reduce their profits BIG time. With current stats of 1 out of 4 people getting cancer you can do the math and see what BIG bussiness this is world wide.

This only leaves the option to find the truth for yourself. As said - look at them people who did get cured from using cannabis. Their numbers out rank those who just got cured spotaneously - I doubt it was a fluke or coindence that got so many cured who use it.

These people actually end up looking healthy and speak with a new desire for life. Contrast that with chemo patients - those lucky to beat the cancer with chemo look and feel like crap after their treatment. They have absolutley no desire to go for chemo ever again in their lives - yet sadly with many the cancer does end up coming back.

The patients using cannabis stil continue using cannabis after being cured which then ensures that the cancer does not resurface by the very same act with which it cures (reactivation of infected/dying cells).
Correlation does not equal causation.

No but the act of them using cannabis and then being cured is a very good measure that the cannabis has caused the cure.
Drugs are bad, mkay...
This only leaves the option to find the truth for yourself. As said - look at them people who did get cured from using cannabis. Their numbers out rank those who just got cured spotaneously - I doubt it was a fluke or coindence that got so many cured who use it.

No this means YOU have to find out the truth for yourself. Because again where are these numbers I have asked you plenty of times to prove this. By the way you misspelled spontaneously and coincidence.

Try finding someone official in the medical society capable of doing scientific study on the merits of cannabis and see how far they get at making their results official if the merits are true - they will get shot down - its happened man times in the past over and over again.

What are you talking about? There are plenty of scientific studies on cannabis. So not sure where you are coming up with this.

There were many documentries I found on this subject - not just one.

Again documentaries mean next to nothing in science.

If this forum was natured on a first name, full identity basis I'd gladly welcome you to bring me someone diagnosed with cancer and prove that they can be cured via heavy cannabis use.

What now you want me to prove to you that cancer can be cured by cannabis? Weren't you the one that was debating that?

Well they will NEVER perform any tests or release such results as it WILL reduce their profits BIG time. With current stats of 1 out of 4 people getting cancer you can do the math and see what BIG bussiness this is world wide.

And this is where I lost all faith in having a good debate with you. I'm not trying to be rude but you sound like a nutcase. Also if this were true (Which it is not) why wouldn't the drug companies just extract whatever is in the cannabis that cures the cancer, put it in a drug and sell it? Since they are so money hungry and all, it would make sense since whoever invented a cure for cancer would be rich beyond imagination.

These people actually end up looking healthy and speak with a new desire for life. Contrast that with chemo patients - those lucky to beat the cancer with chemo look and feel like crap after their treatment. They have absolutley no desire to go for chemo ever again in their lives - yet sadly with many the cancer does end up coming back.

Yes chemo is bad, but is the best thing out there that we have so far to combat cancer. And yes the cancer does come back in some of them, but that is the same for every type of treatment. Because there is no CURE

The patients using cannabis stil continue using cannabis after being cured which then ensures that the cancer does not resurface by the very same act with which it cures (reactivation of infected/dying cells).

Another wild claim, please show some proof? Because what you are saying is that if you smoke weed you have a 0% chance to get cancer (Yet weed has been proven to cause lung cancer wierd)
Last edited on
Opps forgot one

No but the act of them using cannabis and then being cured is a very good measure that the cannabis has caused the cure.

That is no evidence, so when people pray when they have cancer and they get better there is a very good chance that the praying cured the cancer?
Pages: 123456