• Forum
  • Lounge
  • Now that new compilers have c++11 on the

Now that new compilers have c++11 on these days can we get a good tutorial on it on this site?

I'm actually in the process of looking for books under £10 on amazon and ebay, but I never come across tutorials as simple and clear as the one here, If they did c++11 they could cover things like concurrency and networking.

EDIT: Someone recommended some books to me just the other day and I can't find the damned thread

EDIT: Know of any books on computer science itself

EDIT: Ive been reported! I guess its its way of saying 'I love you' :P
Last edited on
Concurrency tutorial:

http://www.baptiste-wicht.com/2012/03/cpp11-concurrency-part1-start-threads/

Not sure about networking in the standard library, but I just use external libraries for sockets.
anyone know if these are reliable books:Schaum's Outline of Introduction to COMPUTER SCIENCE

trying to find a good coputer sci book for 5£
closed account (3qX21hU5)
That will be pretty hard to do probably I know most good books on technical matters usually aren't cheap, if you got a library close by I would check out what they have.
i never think of the library, good call
Sometimes people report posts to get twicker's attention. There was one time where someone reported their own post to get his attention.

Anyway, where in the tutorial would any new C++11 features be discussed? I've not seen anything in the tutorial that really constitutes high-level C++ topics like copy constructors or copy assignment operators, so for instance I don't see where move constructors or move assignment operators would be discussed.

Obviously the range-based for-loop should be covered, but then where? Does the tutorial go through the STL containers like std::vector?
Last edited on
I guess you guys are the tutorial
Sometimes people report posts to get twicker's attention. There was one time where someone reported their own post to get his attention.

Something similar occurred to me recently, with regards to requesting the "weed" thread be locked. You can't, however, report your own posts. At least, not without making another account and I'm entirely too lazy for that.

[Edit: So it turns out you can report your own post. Just took a while for the option to show up.]

devonrevenge wrote:
I guess you guys are the tutorial

I'm gonna tutorialize your face.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.