Should deleting your question and posts deserve a report?

closed account (3qX21hU5)
So recently I have been seeing a lot of people deleting the questions they ask and the posts they have made by replacing them with "..." or something along those line.

This annoys the crap out of me. I just find it rude that they ask for help then just delete their question after they get their answer, then no one else can follow the conversation or maybe even find a answer they were looking for by reading the thread.

Most of the time I think it is because it involves a homework question and they don't want their professors to happen upon them getting help to solve it or something? That is the only answer I can up with why they would delete their posts.

Anyways my question is this, do you guys find it annoying also? I have been really debating on reporting people who do this, but I'm not sure if this is just me overreacting to a pet peeve of mine
Last edited on
I think edited posts should be viewable somehow, sort of like GameFAQs where you can look at the past edits of a post.
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
not particualry since the people who do it are asking questions i already know the answer to or are pretty common, but generally yes. there are some posts from a long time ago that would have screwed me if they had been removed. so i guess we are actually going to agree on something today zero
This annoys the crap out of me. I just find it rude that they ask for help then just delete their question after they get their answer, then no one else can follow the conversation or maybe even find a answer they were looking for by reading the thread.

Personally, I just make it a point not to respond to people who do that.

I have been really debating on reporting people who do this, but I'm not sure if this is just me overreacting to a pet peeve of mine

I've considered it before, but these people usually have very low post counts and reporting them would remove the post completely, accomplishing what they intended to do themselves, and the ones that stick around to do it repeatedly generally just stop getting help for some unfathomable reason.
closed account (3qX21hU5)
That is true never really though of it that way cire. I do like draco's idea of somehow being able to view the edited post though not sure how they would implement that effectively.
Last edited on
Unfortunately, reporting them (even if it didn't have the issue cire mentioned) wouldn't send the message to "not delete your posts". I kind of agree with firedraco on this point; it might take up more space to store the edited posts but it would handle this problem otherwise nicely.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.